Chapter 19: Third-Year Level

If people though first-year was challenging wait until they got started on second-year work, the Capitosuses were quick to note the difficulty in the work load rise drastically, only Hayley seemed to be able to manage it all and have plenty of spare time to work on other things like extra curricular activities. The talk amongst many second-years was Quidditch, the most prominent sport in the wizarding world, not being able to try out in first-year many of the second-years were eagerly waiting to try-out or even just for the Quidditch season to start as it was a fantastic game to watch.

On the second week of term all the professors though it would be a fantastic idea to spring a test upon them about what they've learnt over the past week, some people didn't mind but for the select few that didn't agree well their opinion was heard. In the Defence Against the Darks Arts exam Professor Ashworth gave the most complex test ever, it contained some of the most wordy questions ever, Hayley had a hard time differentiating what the questions were asking for as she was continually squinting at the paper in front of her, although she finished the test with ease handing it Professor Ashworth early allowing for some time to relax.

After the Defence Against the Darks Arts test the second years had a free period so the Capitosus headed outside to sit under some nice large trees which shaded the area quite nicely.

"We aren't even supposed to get tested this early, what's up with the teachers." Jane said.

"That is quite strange now that you mention it." Bella answered while looking over some pieces of parchment for potions.

"Only thing we can do is try our best and see where that gets us I suppose." Hayley spoke, twiddling with her finger as she stared up into the sky. Jane caught her attention by becoming close contact with her face, causing Hayley to jump looking very displeased. "Jane stop that."

Come Wednesday it was the Charms and Transfiguration tests, as told by Professor Flitwick and McGonagall the classes before. The second-year Ravenclaws were running amuck trying to squeeze in some last minute revision, even when waiting outside the Charms people had their notes out reciting incantations that might pop up. Some people even went up to the third-years asking them what sorts of stuff the do in class as most of the tests have been third-year difficulty.

When Professor Flitwick invited the second-years into the class it was freezing cold, a cool breeze filled the room causing students to cover themselves with many layers of clothing. As Hayley took her seat Professor Flitwick started to call the roll, once he finishd he started to go over the 'difficult third-year level tests' which many second-year students' claimed them to be.

"Today we are going to be doing a short test which will uh test your knowledge of the subjects we've covered over the past week." Professor Flitwick got many glances from almost every student in that class, no one in their right mind believed Flitwick as they've been told many times before and it came out with the same result.

Everyone looked over the tests paper to see the difficulty and it was once again, mainly third-year level questions. No one was surprised when Hayley started answering the questions, they tired to meddle in her brain even though they knew nothing would happen just to see how the hell she knows everything.

Hayley too was starstruck by the questions but not in the way everyone else in the class was, she was able to get through the first five questions within ten seconds, barely looking at the questions and just scribbled the answer down.

1. What does expelliarmus do? Disarms opponent of the object they're currently holding in their hand.

2. What's the incantation for the freezing spell? Glacius, pronounced glay-see-us.