Ex-Best Friends

Needed a place to rant. Had a best friend of about.. say roughly 10 years. Yeah. You heard me right. 

10 Fucking Years.

He helped me through a very abusive relationship of mine that I dealt with, off and on for about 6 years. I was very young, and very stupid at the time, so you know I did the whole lets stick around despite the fact he's doing terrible things such as X and X and oh my god he's done X to me as well.  

He spent years beside me, ensuring my mentality and ensuring that I still smiled. During that time, as you would assume, he developed feelings for me that I didn't necessarily feel back because he was more like a brother to me more than anything. So yes, I brother zoned him. 

But how could I not? He wasn't .. met to my standards. He didn't look the par that I quite wanted and his emotional drive just wasn't there either. He was very lazy and I really didn't think I could have a proper future with him if I was doing all the work. However.. I still stayed beside him, and helped HIM through his troubles as well.

Turns out he decided to ditch me, 10 years into our friendship. Wanna know why?

Because I got engaged. 

Thats right! I got engaged to someone I found, fell in love with, and adored every moment of.

He decided that I had betrayed him, and in his fury, he blocked me on every sort of social media you could imagine, and we have not spoken to one another in about a year or so. What sucks is that I still think about his stupid ass every so often, wondering if his depression is still eating him away. Is that fucking normal? To be BETRAYED by someone in such a terrible way, and only think about how THEY are fucking doing?

Man, fuck emotions. 

-~~~~~-

Wow! I havent updated this since 2015, and yet look at the insane amount of feedback its gotten! You guys are freaking amazing, I totally wish I could get this sort of feedback on a book of mine, lol! But hey. Thanks y'all for enjoying my inner demons. <3