Chapter 1

Copyright © 2014 -Nadine Zakarya

All Rights Reserved

No one can take any ideas, cast, plot, expressions, ...etc from this story. This book is protected by wattpad and Copyright, it cant be copied and printed to a story of another author without the authors permission.

-Ellen's POV-

My thoughts were shattered by the sound of the wind, rain and lighting.

"Ellen, are you alright?"

"Yes, I am just afraid we can't go on with our relationship" I said looking down.

A feeling of fear struck him as he stared at me in shock.

"Why?" he said searching my face.

"If my father knew about it, you must know that he is going to kill us"

His soft hands patted my cheeks as he slowly gave me a warm smile.

"Don't worry, my love. My pack will protect us"

"Brennon you know they hate me"

"But they obey my orders. Don't worry we'll be fine, I promise"

His words warmed my shivering body , and his hug slowly cleared up my mind but still the thought of me losing him was hunting me and I was sure it wouldn't be easy for me to move on . My head ached making my body starve for some rest and I fell asleep as if I hadn't slept for ages. I woke up by a disturbing sound of swords right outside our palace making me go numb and breathless.

"What's happening?" I said putting my hand on his.

"You stay in bed and I'll go and see"

I didn't listen to his words and after he went outside, I opened the window and found my father in front of his men yelling on top of his lungs and I decided that it wasn't a great idea for me to expose myself so I hurried back to my bed hoping that he didn't see me.

-Brennon's POV-

My guards hurried towards King Cain but I told them not to attack him since their number was greater than ours.

"Where is my daughter you ugly peasant?!" he yelled firmly.

"She is staying with me" I said giving a step forward.

"You know how much I hate you, don't you?! And you also know that I could rip your heart out without any feeling of guilt, don't you?!"

"My company pleases her, your majesty and I would do anything to make her happy" I said as cold and calm as possible.

"As you wish, but next time when I come.. I won't leave until I make sure that both of you are dead" he said and a smile curved on his face.

He looked down on me, took his men and made his way back to his Kingdom.

I went back to my palace but I didn't tell her about what happened as she was already shaking to death. I quietly went to my bed and without uttering any word I stared at the wall.

'I won't leave until I make sure that both of you are dead'

His words stabbed me in the heart much stronger than a sword ever will. His face was pathetic and full of anger and hate. A Vampire King indeed how can I not expect him to be heartless and merciless. His inhumanity brings pride to his Kingdom. They praise him and worship him as if he was a God sent from Heaven. Oh what a shame it must be, for an Alpha to marry his daughter. Does he not believe in love? Or does he think I'm merely willing to shake hands with those demons and stop the wars. One of my guards hurried into my palace and claimed that he had something important to tell me.

"Is everything alright?

"No, your majesty. I'm afraid I some bad news for you"

I gulped, turned around to look at my wife who was sleeping like a child and closed the door. I took him in a corner making sure no one could hear us.

"You can speak now"

"Boulder, your majesty. He was found in his room covered with his blood"

"Dear Lord! Who killed him?!"

"A guard said he saw one of Cain's men leaving his room in a hurry"

I rubbed my forehead and dried the sweat on my face.

"I want those two eyes of yours wide open. I don't want him to kill my men one by one"

"Yes, your majesty"

"You can leave now"

He bowed and left the palace while I headed back to my bedroom and rested my head on my wife's shoulder. She smiled at me while wrapping her arms around me and hugging me tight. I got lost in my thoughts and got the sleep I starved for just like Ellen but the comfortable and relieving sleep was interrupted by a childish voice.

"Uncle, Uncle wake up!" the voice yelled behind my back.

My lips were dry making me unable find my voice. I slowly lifted my head from the bed to look at the speaker and I could hardly utter a word but I forced myself to.

"W... What do you want?"

"Aunt Ellen.. She fainted!" said my cousin's son Jasper.

"Ellen?! Why..?!"

I quickly looked beside me, stared at her in shock and lifted her up. I ran to the doctor with my heart beating faster by the second. After hours of waiting for him to go out, he told me that she was pregnant. Even though the excitement was making me impatient and happy but I knew that my child's destiny was dull and deadly. Cain won't stop until he sees my family burnt alive even if he had to take his own daughter's life .

'It's a boy'

Those words made my heart race in my chest sending heat of excitement and happiness through my body. I have always been waiting for a boy. An Alpha who was going to lead my pack and lift their heads up. An Alpha who would put an end to the suffering and hang those bastards on the most cheerful flames. I patted her and kissed her forehead making sure she didn't notice how worried I was about the child's future.

"Are you hiding something from me, Brennon? You don't look alright"

"No no, darling. I am just surprised by the good news" I said as I curved a smile on my face

-Ellen's POV-

I rested my head on the bed and held his hand. I could see how worried he was since his eyes can't lie and I was quiet sure he was hiding something from me. I searched his face but his eyes were not looking at mine. I couldn't think of the reason for his worry in this situation and I expected him to be more cheerful. Did he want a girl not a boy? Did he not want any children at all? I was worried about what he could be hiding from me and I wished it wasn't something that my father has said to him. He kissed my forehead and held me back to our palace. I realized how tired I was the moment he placed me on the bed and my stomach was aching, I rested on my bed begging my mind to allow me to sleep and end this pain and without realizing it, I fell asleep.

I slept for months I can tell. I was very thin and weak and my face was dull and pale. Brennon's face was getting whiter day by day increasing my worry.

"Brennon, I don't like how scared you look? Why do you seem like you saw a demon?" I said looking into his eyes.

"I am just worried about you. Look at yourself, you are very weak and sickly"

"No that's not the only reason!" I said firmly.

"No it is, I am fine" he said as patted my hands.

Only the Gods above know what's awaiting us in the future. They know whether it's a bright one, filled with peace and blessings to us or if it's a dark one holding more doom and more suffering.

AN:

next update is on Wednesday.