Chapter 16

I ran quickly to see what was in the room, broke the door, found a box locked, started searching for the key and got out my sword to break the box but stopped suddenly when I saw a piece of iron shining under a table. I came close to it and smiled with joy when I realized that it was a key. I took it and opened the box. I was surprised when I found a letter inside it. Why would he put a letter in a box and lock it. I opened it and started reading.

'Ethan my son, don't punish my son Robert for something he didn't mean to do, I have written this letter when I felt that I won't stay alive until I see you and tell you the truth, Ethan I know it's hard for you to understand but Robert is your half brother but I am afraid that he is evil and would always defend Cain, I should tell you please forgive my son, I don't want you to kill him, treat him like your brother. Your mother Ellen was forced to marry me. That's what her father Cain wanted, but she made an agreement with me not to tell Cain about her marriage to your father Brennon, but Cain knew about their marriage from Jordan. You must trust no one from the Vampires, no one my son. I have always wanted to have a son like you, not an evil son like Robert. Your mother's husband Danson'

I stopped for a moment shocked and surprised. Robert is my half brother. That bastard who pretended to be a good friend is The Black Mask! I went back to Camilla after putting the letter in the box, locked it again and locked the door again to make sure that no one would find out that I went inside.

Camilla's POV :

I found him entering the house looking shocked.

"What happened?!" I started.

"Robert..is The Black Mask"

"What?!" I said confused and looked at him in shock.

"And he is my brother from my mother"

I looked at Ethan in shock. Ethan's brother…is his enemy. This is unbelievable.

"Ethan, you must be kidding me, and why would he wear a mask when he is fighting in a war"

"He was afraid I could recognize him, for if I did he would be dead"

I stopped talking for a while when I heard a guard knocking on the door.

"Sire, we are being attacked by The Black Mask"

"What?!" I murmured surprised.

AN:

Next update is on Saturday.