Chapter 4

He noticed that I was looking at him all the time, so he went close to me.

"I'm going to have a small gathering with some of the finest archers at my palace if you want to come" he started giving a smile.

"It's my pleasure, your majesty"

I followed him to the palace and my hand found its way to his. He looked at me and smiled. A dimple appeared on his cheeks making him look more friendly. He asked me to sit on a chair next to his at the great hall and ordered for the servants to make me diner. His eyes met mine and we were looking at each other for a while.

-Ethan's POV-

I waited for her to speak until she collected her words.

"I like you"

Three words made my heart beat quickly hurting my chest. My eyes stared at the ground for a moment. I am quite sure I found my mate too quickly but I decided to take her to my room. After we had our meal, I led her upstairs. I opened the door and met Drake.

"Well done you found your mate!" he said with a cold smile.

I took her and closed the door.

"Will you marry me, Camilla?"

"What?!" she said in surprise and her voice showed excitement.

"Will you marry me?" I repeated.

"Well...that's great"

"Is that an agreement?"

"Umm...I suppose" she said and we kissed each other.

I can say I was happy for once. I had to rest my body and wait for tomorrow. I woke up and saw a Vampire taking out a knife and marching towards me and my mate. A smile formed on his face as he took hold of his knife in excitement and dashed it towards me. I quickly moved my head away making him dig his knife in my bed and cut my precious pillow. A knife was thrown by someone and hit him in the back.

"What was that?" asked Camilla in horror.

I went towards the shadow of the unknown yet brave person who  threw the knife but before I could see who it was. The shadow disappeared leaving me and my mate confused. After hours, I found Drake beating out the door so I ran to the door and opened it.

"Get dressed and come with me"

Camilla looked at me worriedly and held my hand.

"Don't worry. I will be fine"

I put on my coat and followed him.

"What was that for?"

"There is a war between us and the Vampires and you have to fight with us"

"But I can't turn to a wolf. I am a Hybrid"

"Then fight with a sword" he said giving me a shiny tall sword.

I took the sword quickly and confidently because I was very good at fencing so was Cain. I got ready for the war, took my sword, went with him and found large numbers of soldiers awaiting my arrival. I stood in front of them and he was beside me. We started moving with slow, careful steps. Our steps echoed and sent fear in the enemies' hearts. The ground shook beneath our feet. The sky was grey and Camilla stood in front of the window with a look of fear in her eyes. We headed to the gates, passing by houses, then reaching the forest separating us from the Vampires. I stopped for a moment and my eyes landed on big numbers of Vampire soldiers in front of us. Silence filled the place allowing us to hear our loud breaths, and fast heartbeats. Minutes passed like hours as the soldiers waitied for my command. I made a step forwards, then marched towards Cain as he marched towards me.