The Imprisonment (2/3) - r

Meanwhile, Shadow had his hands full with his possessed half-sibling. His attacks got more aggressive, and they gained on raw power. The ebony hedgehog learned it the hard way when he was slammed into a wall. However, instead of finishing him off or delivering the next blow the alien jumped back.

The hedgehog got out of the hole, seeing how Eclipse was checking his own body. Well, technically speaking, it was Black Doom doing the inspection.

"He has so much potential, but he can't tap it," he said, clenching his blue fists. "Free will is unnecessary!" A twisted grin appeared on his face. "I shall remove unnecessary parts of his consciousness."

Shadow shivered. Was Doom planning to do brain surgery? He growled, having the answer before his eyes. The leader of the hive-mind aliens was capable of doing something so cruel.

The Darkling smirked as he started to fire lasers, and the stripped hedgehog was forced into the defensive. Yet, he slipped under the shots, punching him into guts. The Darkling flinched for a moment, that was all Shadow needed for an upper-cut. The small body was cast into the air. At that moment the hedgehog realized he could use Chaos powers, as he called them out of the habit.

In his hand, he created a green, sparkling rod when Eclipse's body disappeared in the wink of an eye. The black hedgehog's body froze, realizing Black Doom warped in front of him, aiming the laser on his chest. With an evil grin, the shot was released. At the same moment, Shadow lowered his hand with the Chaos Spear, creating an explosion. The shock wave tossed both away, slamming them into walls.

The hedgehog coughed, getting on his feet. Through the smoke walked Eclipse. He was staggering, dragging his feet. The Darkling jerked his head, as his muscles screamed. They were sore from the strain Black Doom put on them with no regard to Eclipse.

The ebony hero shouted, "Why don't you fight me, you coward! You always hide behind others!"

Black Doom only laughed. "My minions are enough for you. I don't need to use his unique ability to block your Chaos Control neither his transformation," he snorted. "It's too imperfect for now, but I shall complete it." He snapped his fingers. "I know," he said in a happy sounding voice, continuing creepily as usual, "I shall capture you all, keep you alive, and extract your D.N.A.... very slowly," he added at the end, licking his lips.

The black hedgehog barked, "You dastard! You would torture the member of your kind?" It wasn't like he suddenly started to like his half-brother, but he hated senseless violence and cruelty.

"If he has free-will," he smirked, "it would be a shame not to let him enjoy it."

Shadow roared, punching him with a strength he never knew he had. It made the other fly backward, falling on the ground. Black Doom was about to shoot a new laser beam when the wisp left his body. "Weak bastards!" he yapped, kicking the eel away. "They won't last even for five minutes!"