The Imprisonment (3/3) - r

The psychic overcame the distance in a matter of seconds and appeared from behind Shadow. His hands pinned Eclipse to the ground. Before anyone of them could react, Silver grabbed Darkling's head and slammed their foreheads. His bluish aura engulfed both of them. Their faces twisted in spasm and a long, sharp yelp escaped from Eclipse's throat.

After long seconds, the aura was gone, and they gasped. The young psychic slid down on the floor next to the Darkling.

Shadow quickly dragged him away, asking, "What have you done?"

The time-traveler tiredly smiled. "I kicked him out of the brain," he whispered, getting on his trembling legs.

The ebony hedgehog looked into Eclipse's eyes, seeing the usual spark was back.

"What--?" the Darkling weakly said with his real voice.

His body was shivering, and the tiniest movement was causing him pangs. He started to cry and tried to crawl away.

"Don't move, you will hurt yourself," Silver soothingly said, kneeling next to him.

"I have..." his voice was hardly audible, and tears poured from his eyes in endless streams. "How could I..."

"No, no!" the psychic ensured him. "That wasn't you!" He was now sure Black Doom let Eclipse see and hear everything he had done to his family.

Shadow was watching them in silence, and his fists were shaking like crazy. Such cruelty! There was no way he would let Black Doom get away with it.

"Take care of him!" he loudly said to his friend. "I have got another business to attend!" he growled, dashing at tremendous speed into one corridor.

"O-Oka..." Silver's voice died, realizing Shadow couldn't hear him anymore.

He looked around. This room was empty, but it could soon be full of Black Arms, so he picked all of them to find a safer place.

He flew quite a distance, noticing no soldiers or warriors was after them.

'How strange,' he thought. 'Is Black Doom thinking he can beat us without any help?'

While it was hurting his pride, you wouldn't hear him complaining. However, it was causing him worries, it meant Black Doom was confident in his victory, they, after all, were tired.

He turned one corner after another, unable to orientate in this meaty labyrinth, but finally, his amber eyes glanced a small cavern under the ceiling.

'This place will do.'

He headed there, putting them down, making sure they were together. Eclipse was for the whole time whimpering and sobbing, hardly noticing what was happening around him. His weak hands reached for Rhygenta, pulling her closer. The Darkling's breathing was irregular, and hoarse sounds occasionally escaped from his throat.