일곱

Taehyung came to about half an hour later, sat in a small room with stone grey walls that were falling apart. The floor was cold, as was Taehyung, who was shivering and sweating. His throat hurt and his heart was beating too hard. His right arm was throbbing and damp. Every breath he took tore apart the inside of his neck. His ribs felt broken.

He sat up, looking around for signs of life to make sure he wasn't dead. And if he was? This definitely wasn't Heaven. But it wasn't Hell, either. If it was Hell, he'd be strung up in chains somewhere watching his intestines get torn out by people he'd previously hurt. Like Junghyun and Jimin.

There was a person in the corner of the room, staring at him with a mixture of curiosity and pity. It took Taehyung a while to recognise him. But when he did, for some reason he knew he wasn't dead. If he was dead, he wouldn't be here, just out of his reach. What kind of torture was this? He'd been looking for him for years, and now he was here.

"You're not dead, if that's what your thinking." Jungkook told him, still staring at him. Jungkook was sat in the corner of the room, against the wall, which was freezing against his back. His legs were crossed and both his hands enclasped in his lap. "Do you know who I am?"

Taehyung knew exactly who he was, but didn't answer. He stayed quiet, trying to remember all the events of the day that had led up to this.

"I'm Jungkook. You're supposed to be looking for me. Well, congratulations, you found me." Jungkook started clapping, slowly and sarcastic. In this one moment, he was in a good mood and he wanted to make the most of it. His wrist had stopped stinging, but maybe it was because he'd removed the long sleeved and gone for a white shirt instead.

Taehyung's eyes watched as Jungkook applauded him. His left arm was completely shredded, his right arm seemed perfectly fine, save for a few red marks. Taehyung looked back up at Jungkook's face. He put Jimin in hospital. Junghyun's evil brother. They looked really similar. Taehyung couldn't help but make the comparisons. One of them saved hundreds of lives, one of them ended hundreds of lives.

"Junghyun's brother?" Taehyung had to make sure he was looking at the right person. There was more than one Jeon Jungkook in the world.

Jungkook stopped clapping, staring at Taehyung with a different emotion mixed in. Longing.

"You know him?" Jungkook asked, slightly hopeful. This guy right here could be his ticket to reconnecting with Junghyun. He could finally see his brother again. The thought filled him with a depressing happiness. There was no reason Junghyun would ever want to see him again.

"Knew." Taehyung corrected him, not really caring how much information he gave away to Jungkook. He'd be okay if he died that day. It would be fine. "My old work partner. He's dead. This guy, Kim Seokjin, stabbed him to death the same day that car drove into all those people."

Jungkook stopped breathing. Too much information. He broke it down for himself. Junghyun worked for the police and was dead, that explained why they never spoke to each other. It explained a lot of things, actually. Baekhyun drove into a group of eight and killed them all that same day. Jin killed his brother. That was annoying. Jungkook liked Jin, but of course he was biased to his own relation. Junghyun saved his life. What had Jin done for him? Jungkook knew he shouldn't make judgements so quick, so he didn't.

"Watch it, Taehyung." Jungkook snapped, "you might find yourself getting hurt one day."

Hurt.

Taehyung smiled.