아홉

Jungkook woke up early, in his own home. He tried to remember the events of the past day. He was more and more convinced it was a dream -nothing could be that chaotic in the space of a few hours- until he saw a note pinned onto his wardrobe, with his bag.

Need you in by twelve. You watch the guy we have. Brought you home because I felt bad. You fell asleep. Hope you had good dreams.
-Jay.

Who the fuck was Jay?

Jay sat at Hoseok's desk, frowning as Hoseok went on and on about how he shouldn't have brought Jungkook home as he might never come back. "Imagine if you were Jungkook. Would you come back?" Hoseok interrogated him.

Jay looked Hoseok dead in the eyes and said, "would you like to wake up in a strangers prison if you were Jungkook?" and left the room. Hoseok was stunned. He'd never usually had anyone speak back to him. Jay was a character, though. He was funny, and cared for everyone. Once Jin had told Jay about Jungkook's 'punishments,' Jay was immediately concerned and offered help, phone numbers and a chance to take it for him. He hadn't officially met Jungkook yet, but Hoseok had a feeling Jungkook would like him.

One more day closer to Jimin coming home. Namjoon told Yoongi not to go into work that day since he was probably too stressed and would want to be alone. He was stressed, but the last thing he wanted was to be left alone in his apartment in dead silence. Sure, he could music on, but every song he'd hear would remind him of Jimin. Jimin was a fan of music, as was his whole family. Yoongi had too many videos of Jimin freestyle dancing to whatever was on the radio.

Eyes, Nose, Lips had him ballroom dancing with a broomstick in the kitchen. The lights would be dimmed. Yoongi would sit there, smiling fondly, distracted from what he used to be busy with. Jimin would be laughing to himself the song ended, giggling with all the beauty of a rainbow. Yoongi would move towards him, wrapping Jimin in his arms. Jimin would smile back.

Yoongi would push their lips together, they'd both be pressed so close to each other the only way to get closer would be too intimate. Jimin's eyes would be closed, Yoongi's would be open, examining Jimin's every perfection. Yoongi would push his tongue through Jimin's lips and would be exploring the inside of his mouth. Jimin would be clinging onto Yoongi' shirt and Yoongi would run a hand through Jimin's hair with one hand and the other would go on the side of his face, cupping it.

They'd break apart. Jimin would rest his head on Yoongi's chest and smile whilst listening to his heart beat. He would make Yoongi promise he'd never give up on him. Yoongi would swear on his life he'd never leave his side and would always be there for him. Yoongi had never loved someone like that before. One time he tried explaining it to Namjoon, but Namjoon didn't really understand. He tried to, though, which half helped.

No, he wasn't going to work today, Namjoon, thank you very much. No, he wasn't answering that phone call today, Namjoon, thank you very much. Yes, they could deal without Taehyung for a couple of days, Namjoon, thank you very much.

Taehyung ran over these thoughts in his head as he sat with his eyes closed, hoping the events of the last day was some really weird dream. Jimin wasn't in hospital at all. He just stubbed his toe, that's all. Right? He totally wasn't in a cell of some sorts being guarded by the same guy he'd pledged to lock up one day. Right? It wasn't happening. Not really.

Right?

Taehyung heard the door open, and immediately, his heart started pounding. He pretended to be asleep, he floor cold against his bare arms. He should've worn a sweater yesterday, because now he was cold and suffering from it. Everything hurt, even his hair. Whoever opened the door sat down next to him and patted his shins. Taehyung almost stopped breathing at the contact.

"Good morning."