Chapter 1

(Chloe)

        “And there he goes!” yelled the commentator, his voice echoing through the speakers across the stadium. “The Ace of the field, the Prince of Soccer, the Trump Card of South Chase Middle School………JACKSON WILDE!”

Everyone in the stadium erupted with applause and was practically howling like wild dogs. The girls squealed like a pack of crazed 1 Direction Fans.

Jackson Wilde. He was a good friend of mine. He was one of the schools Heartthrobs and notorious heart breaker.

He wasn’t a player, or a Casanova. In fact, he hasn’t even been in a relationship before. He breaks the hearts of girls because he didn’t even like them. That was that, end of story. And yet, girls still fall for him.

I couldn’t blame them. I didn’t have a thing for Jackson, but he was the kindest guy I’ve ever met. He wouldn’t say no to a friend’s request, nor will he stop helping others.

His nice guy attitude is what the girls fell for. They would swoon over that playboy smile of his and his innocent brown eyes.

Not only that, but he was the best athlete in school, and no one dared challenge him.

The game today was a big one for our school. If we won this match, our school would be featured in the news as the one of the Leading Educational Institutions in the state.

Time was running out. With the game tied, 1-1, all we needed was one goal to win.

I couldn’t help but smile. Jackson was one of the best Soccer players of our schools team, “Glory 11”.

Our opponent was Flash Colt High, and they were one of the best schools around. But I wasn’t worried. As long as Jackson was there, I had nothing to worry about.

He was a forward, the team captain, and their best player.

He was dribbling past defenders and midfielders, trying to get to the goal. He trained for this match for days now, using almost every free time he had just to practice. And it looked like it paid off.

In a matter of moments, he stood in front of the goal.

“Go, Jack!” I cheered.

From the stands, I saw him pull back his right leg……..

……and shoot.

The ball soared straight ahead towards the bottom left side of the goal. The keeper bent his knees and lunged for it. Everyone was on the edge of their seats, waiting to erupt into applause and congratulate the team.

Then, the ball went too much to the side, and bounced of the post.

Everyone slumped back to their seats. Some face-palmed themselves, others looked disappointed.

But I knew better. He explained that trick to me a million times.

The goalie fell to the ground, looking relieved, probably thinking, “Damn, that was close. Luckily, it hit the post.”

But he wasn’t so lucky. As he laid there, about to get up, Jackson recovered the ball, and smiled.

With one forceful kick, and with the goalie lying on the ground, the ball went in the undefended goal.

The crowd screamed and yelled, applauding and going crazy over the victory shot Jackson just made.

Everybody mobbed the players as they basked in victory.