Chapter 19

(Jackson)

What did I do!? What am I doing!? What’s happening!? Did I suddenly lose it!?

All these played in my head while I walked towards the pier. There was a fair today, and Anna had invited me to tag along with her.

Yes. It’s a date. I know. I’m being stupid!

I saw her sitting on a park bench. She was dressed in jeans, and a black hoodie. Cute as ever….

Gah! The fuck? This feels so wrong since yesterday, I just made out with Em……

She grinned and waved when she saw me.

“Hey,” I said, smiling at her.

“Whats wrong?” she asked, looking at me funnily. “You look………ashamed? Embarrassed? Angry?”

I shook my head. “Nah, me? I’m fine.”

She looked at me curiously, trying to decode my lie, until she sighed and scratched her head. “I can never get you…..”

I laughed and rubbed her head. “That’s why we’re best friends, right?”

She rolled her eyes as I laughed at my silly comment. She smiled and hugged my arm. “Yeah…..we are….”

I agreed to spend my Saturday with her since……well…….i needed it????

Yeah, even I wouldn’t believe that lie…..

Truth is I felt like a jack ass. I felt like I was experimenting on both girls……or is it three…….is it right to include Chloe? Ugh…….I’m a terrible person…..

“Hey? What’s wrong?” she asked, looking at me with worry.

 I shook my head, pushing those thoughts away. ‘Relax, Ace, nothing to worry about. Today, it’s just you and Anna.’

Nandemonai (Nothing),” I said, smiling at her.

She was reluctant at first, but after using my hard earned money to buy the brat some cotton candy, she was smiling and goofing around.

“Here,” she said, pulling a piece and raising it to my mouth.

I stared at her, dumbfounded. “I’m sorry, what?”

She rolled her eyes like I was the fool. “Here, silly.”

She raised it to my mouth, but I grabbed her by the wrist. “Thanks for the offer,” I plucked out the candy from her hand. “But I can feed myself.” I popped it in my mouth. I let go off her arm and laughed, obviously enjoying how pissed she looked.

She pouted and crossed her arms. “Meanie…”

I laughed and put an arm around her. “Hey, don’t be like that. I’m not mean…..okay, I am, but, you have to admit, I’m the nicest asshole you’ll ever meet.”

She burst out laughing, slapping the side of my head lightly. “Doofus…”

“Brat…,” I said, ready for the challenge.

She rolled her eyes, and without warning, shoved the entire wad of cotton candy in my mouth.

I glared at her as she laughed and howled, attracting the looks of some people.

I pulled the candy out of my mouth and smiled evilly. “You are so dead.”

She stuck her tongue out like a 12 year old and said, “Catch me if you can!”