Chapter 3

(Jackson)

I woke up, stretching my arms as sunlight shone through my overhead window, illuminating my room.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I blinked a couple of times before getting out of bed and going over to my bathroom.

Before I could open the door, my phone’s screen lit up and vibrated.

I picked it up. I had a message. And it was none other than Anna.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. My breathing became heavy, and my heart felt like it would explode.

I opened the text.

”Hey Jackson! J

Sorry I wasn’t able to attend the game.

I got caught up with something at school.

Hope you can forgive me. Congrats BTW, I heard you guys won.

Be at the front of my house in 45 minutes.

We’ll walk together to school.

See Ya!”

I just stared at the screen, dumbfounded. Was she really asking me to walk with her?!

I checked my phones clock, and I nearly screamed.

I was staring at my phone for ten minutes!

I ran in the bathroom, took a shower, and got dressed in my uniform for school.

I grabbed my slung bag, shoved in my books, notebooks, pens, and everything else I needed, and rushed downstairs.

My dad had already left for work. He was the owner of the law firm, Wilde Law, which was one of the biggest law firms in the country.

My mom was working abroad as an architect, and she was designing a building in India.

I dashed in the kitchen and picked up two sausages from the table and shoved them in my mouth.

I had grabbed a slice of bread and started spreading some butter on it when the twins came through the door way like a freak tornado.

The twins, James and Jenny, were two years older than me, but they were just as love wrecked as I was.

“Mornin’,” James said, shaking his brown hair and scratching his head. “You’re up early.”

He grabbed an apple and started munching on it nervously.

“You guys are, too,” I said, starting to eat the toast.

“We have to,” Jenny exclaimed, combing her long brown hair that she was tying in a ponytail.

Suddenly, the room became quiet. We all stopped what we were doing and locked eyes with each other.

It had finally dawned on each of us why we were up so early.

“Anna?” they asked.

I nodded. “Justin and Roxie?”

They both nodded.

After our pause, we went ballistic.

We ran all around the house, grabbing stuff that we thought we would need for our “dates”.