Chapter 11

(Chloe)

“Where are you?!” I asked, yelling at Jack through my phone.

It was a day after the sleepover, and I, along with the gang, were in the auditorium, rehearsing

Except for the so called Ace, who was late!

“You’re never late,” I hissed. “Where the hell are you?”

I heard him laugh. “Chillax, Chlo. I’m not late, I was here this morning for attendance, and I’m doing an errand for a teacher, I’ll be there ASAP, okay?”

“Jack you better-“and the line went dead.

I sighed, doing a face palm. Doesn’t he know we could get suspended if we don’t do this?

“Everyone,” I called out.

They all turned to me.

“Jack’s running a little late, so let’s just rehearse the last scene we did, okay?”

Everyone nodded and mumbled in agreement. I held the script and read the scene again. Jack really was a great writer. I’ve read the story over and over, and I still couldn’t believe someone so young could write something like that…

“Uhm, Chlo?”

I turned and saw Mara. “We have a slight problem…”

I groaned. What was it now?

“Emma’s not here,” she said.

I groaned even louder. “Does anybody know where she is?”

She shook her head. “No one.”

I sighed. “She’s the lead actress! How could she be late, too?!”

I was about to tell everyone to stop rehearsal, when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned and felt like punching the person. Anna stood there awkwardly looking at me.

“Is Jackson around?” she asked.

“No, he isn’t,” I said, looking away.

“Then, can I talk to you?” she asked.

I looked back at her, confused. “S-sure.”

I turned to Michael, who was sitting down on one of the seats.

“Mind taking over?” I asked, placing the script on his lap.

He looked at me, puzzled, then saw Anna, and slowly understood.

“Sure,” he said, standing up.

Together, me and Anna walked out of the auditorium, but not without hearing Michael yell, “Okay people, let’s get to work.”

I closed the door and leaned on it.

We stood there, facing each other, not saying anything. We kept quiet and didn’t look at the other.

“So,” she started, breaking the silence. “Are……you and Jackson…..dating?”

I stared at her as if she said a cuss word.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,” I said, shaking my head vigorously. “He’s just a close friend.”

She gave me a small smile. “I remember when he and I were ‘close’ friends.”

I couldn’t help but glare at her. She had no right to call Jack that…

“So you are mad at me…,” she said, looking down on her shoes.