Chapter 28

(Jackson)

The Ace without a prom date. Irony at its finest…

With Emma gone, Anna with Logan, and Chloe angry and upset with me, I was going to prom solo. Heck, even Leon got Princess to say yes! And Michael, whose mystery girl was Camille, a fun and bubbly red head with green eyes, said yes!

This is just sad.

Me, in my black tux and dark tie, but with no date. This was a new low for the Ace.

A little while later, I was with Leon and Michael as we headed for the hall that held the prom.

The entrance was up on the second floor and could only be reached by using the two separate stone staircases on either side that lead to the entrance.

At the foot of the stairs was a small forest covered in trees.

The hall was lit up with a bright light and people inside were dancing, and having the time of their lives.

We used the right staircase and made our way to the top, Leon and Michael chatting as they talked about their girls and how lucky they got, and their dates as excited as they are.

Soon, as we reached the top, I could see three figures from the other side. It was Mara and Jeffrey. They gave me a tight smile, and I flashed one back.

But, behind them…was her.

She wore a blue sleeveless dress that fell down to her ankles, which matched her blue heels and purse.

As soon as we locked eyes, so many memories came flooding back, our first meeting, the play, the day we fought, the kidnapping, the hospital, our spat, the kidnapping, So many things had happened this year.

I couldn’t stand it. I left, pushing past the guys and down the steps.

I walked past the forest and made my way to a small clearing.

I needed to think. I needed to calm down.

I strolled aimlessly around and found a soccer field behind the hall.

Soccer….maybe that’s what I needed.

(Chloe)

As soon as I saw him, I ran off, tears streaking down my face.

Why was I crying? Why was I sad? Did it hurt to see him?

He did so much wrong to me…….

I found a clean patch of grass in the forest and sat there, letting my back rest on a tree behind as I sobbed in silence.

Soon, I could hear voices, and saw Mara and Jeffrey looking for me.

I buried my head in my hands and shook as I took a deep breath.

I felt someone put an arm on my shoulder, and looked up to see Mara, a worried expression on her face, and Jeffrey standing above her.

I cried on her shoulder as she comforted me. I mumbled, trying to form words, but I couldn’t.

My mind was a blank.

Mara patted me on the back as I shook and sobbed, muttering words I couldn’t decipher.

Soon, I had calmed down a bit and the three of us sat there, leaning on the tree trunk.

“Tsk, why am I crying here,” I muttered after a while.