Fear is Only as Deep as the Mind Allows

Madara finally showed Kyodai what he had been brooding about. Below the newly constructed Naka Shrine. Of course, Kyodai already knew about the stone tablet Madara showed her. She moved it there herself. Madara spoke of the Senju. He believed that they still resented the Uchiha and wanted to be rid of him. Kyodai heard his tone and knew where his thoughts came from. Did Izuna not tell him to never trust the Senju? Kyodai saw once again how she had ruined her family. Madara was convinced that the Uchiha had to leave the village. Kyodai could smell Madara deluding himself again. He had always been good at that. Kyodai felt his complete trust in the stone. Kyodai had read it before. She stayed away from it. Kyodai couldn't tell the obvious lies from the obvious truths apart on that stone. Kyodai had never liked being confused. Kyodai could taste Madara's fear of breaking his promise to his late brother. To protect the Uchiha clan. Madara was Kyodai's oldest friend. She told him not to believe in the stone. She tried with all of her gift of sharing. Madara gained a look of absolute betrayal. Kyodai knew she could not convince him. She hoped others could. Kyodai told Madara to present his thoughts during the next clan meeting. Madara cooled down his dangerous chakra and stern face. Madara agreed. Kyodai knew that he would be shot down. It would be a good thing. She too, had promised to protect the Uchiha clan. Kyodai would not let fear control her as it did Madara.