Chapter V: Missing In Action

A/N: Hiya, readers! Long chapter ahead just because xDD So yupp this is the update hope ya won't be disappointed. And...guess what? OC is here na yeyey. I also drew him so you get a better image of him and yeah. Tell me what you think of OC in the comments below. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter V: Missing in Action

"Nachos! W-w-wait! Hold ooooonn-!" Taming Marco's pet was a lot more difficult than it seemed. It probably noticed that she wasn't the real Marco and now the dragoncycle only wanted to see it's companion who had been with her for 16 years. 16 years is long enough to determine if your partner is legitimate or just an impostor. Strangely enough, Marco had spent more time with Hekapoo and Nachos than he ever did with her. All she wanted was to test out riding a dragoncycle for the first time, but it seemed as though she just put herself in a delinquent situation.

Kicking its thigh didn't seem to do the trick either. It just sent them flying in every possible direction. Star landed on mud, staining Marco's clothes.

"Haha...woops. Mud-o Begono!" Flicking her hand, she expected the stain on his clothes to magically disappear but it occurred to her that she was no longer in her own body which had the source of all her magic. Marco would kill her if he found out about this.

Star missed her own body. Well, who wouldn't? It had been with you all your life and you suddenly lose it in a blink of an eye. Plus, life had been way more grueling without magic. Long walks used to be solved with cloudy as transportation, and small enemies could usually be resolved by using her narwhal blast, but now she had to rely on sheer force and stealth. Without her wand, she was more incapable than she imagined.

Thanks to a couple of branches, she didn't suffer much pain from the fall. Maybe a broken bone or two, but not so much to keep her from walking. Hoisting herself up, she figured Nachos was nowhere to be seen; and so, she trudged the forest by herself.

There was a certain eerie feeling going on around the forest. It seemed like the unknown was much more vivid than before, triggering all her senses awake with each rustle and howl of the wind.

"Nachos?..." Star called, trembling in fear with only the echoes of Marco's voice answering her back. No sooner did she hear a shuffling from a nearby tree, too quiet to be a creature like Nachos and too small for its own good. Nonetheless, it was enough to send a bead of sweat down Star's neck and it sure as Ponyhead never having a body isn't the thing she is looking for.

A few moments later, she heard the sound of water rushing, indicating that there was a river nearby. Followed by that, whimpering reverberated through the entire forest which meant trouble for Nachos. 

As soon as she arrived at the riverbank, Nachos was lying by the river, its leg gushing crimson towards the water, staining the crystal blue water red. Her nuthead self also forgot to bring Marco's dimensional scissors with her. And now she was stuck in the forest until some handsome savior just magically arrives and saves her and Nachos's asses.

Needless to say, she had to take care of this creature. Drawing closer, Star kept her guard up in case the creature tried to fly away when it was still injured.
Eye leveled with Nachos, Star noticed that it didn't seem like it was in deep pain. When she was assured that it would no longer go wild like before, she placed a hand on its head, gazing at it with concern.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with this, Nachos. It was silly me whose fault it was." Petting its head, Nachos tenderly purred. Its scales flapped at the touch and Star happily petted it like it was her own, reminding her of when she had her wand for the first time. Whenever she thought about it, she never actually had a pet before, unless she counted her magical creatures as pets.