Chapter XXIV: Parenting 101 (ft. Star and Marco)

A/N: Whassup peeps notice how I changed the cover because the original one was pretty hard to read. Hope you liked it! This won't be as spicy as the last chapter, but expect some parenting stuff going on. ;)) As always, stay awesome guys, hope you'd leave comments down below so you'd tell me what you think. Ready, set, read!

Chapter XXIV: Parenting 101 (ft. Star and Marco)

Taking care of children wasn't as easy as pie. It wasn't as easy as spooning porridge and telling children to open their mouths because "here comes the airplane." Especially when the children being taken care of are a couple of weapons for mass destruction disguised as cute and energetically hopping reptiles. When everything comes to naught, one would likely just stare into space, porridge dripping from spoon, and eyes wide open as they realize that the damage cannot be undone. Noticeably, Star took all the damage from the tiny perpetrators. Marco was always the one to clean up the mess, acting as the mother all throughout.

 Fingers crossed, Marco conjured another spell in an attempt to salvage the broken bedposts and all of his wardrobe, which he didn't really care much about, but was still concerned about having something to wear. "N-n-n-nnno! Star! You're not supposed to feed them candy, you know they're reptiles, right? Reptiles don't eat candy." Marco said and slapped his face, tired of all this nonsense. At least they weren't attacking him, he thought. Otherwise, he would've killed himself or would've just revealed their secret to Moon and just leave Buff frog's children to their care. Plus, he wasn't used to having these many children around. For goodness sake, he was an only child until a few months ago. Hence, he never had any actual experience besides constantly scolding Star. He sure didn't like it.

"Aren't you glad, Marco? They all look sooo happy!" Star cooed at Anastasia, who was sucking on a lollipop. Basically enthralled, Star threw candies everywhere, which the children snorted in an instant. At present, the room looked like some robber just snuck in the room and rummaged for things, but came out without finding anything. Dmitri was sucking on the furniture, while the others were constantly bombarding Star. From the looks of it, Marco has had enough babysitting already and just wanted to throw himself on his bed, apathetic of all the ruckus they might create. 

"They aren't happy Star, they're just on a sugar rush." Marco raised his voice for the fiftieth time in a row. He took the candies Star was giving out to the children and flushed them in the toilet. "I don't even know where you got all these candies from," he said, checking the labels on them which said 'smile dip,' and had a suspicious looking dog on it. Several times, Marco had to clear the mess they made on the floor with a mop, but each time, it was replaced by another mess.

"That's it. I give up," Marco said on his one-hundredth cleanup. "I'll leave this up to you, Star," Marco said and purposely threw himself on the floor.

Just because of Marco's stupid decision, they end up becoming parents of thirteen children. And now, they had to cover up every single accident the children make. Star agreed to this, despite not knowing a flicker about being a parent. Marco did all the cleaning, laundry, and feeding. Star didn't do much besides getting sneered at. If this was what his parents had to go through, he had a newfound respect for them.

Fortunately, Star distracted the children whenever he tried to do some chores, but in the end, they'd all still huddle up to him and hug him to death. And this was his first day as a mother. How could he possibly survive all of this?

Marco saw the children leaping around with mud on their little, webbed feet and they stepped on the carpets that took him 5 hours to clean. All he could do was to scream internally. The moment he saw Star, that's when he let out his scream. Star gave a guilty smile.