Chapter XV: The Butterfly Effect

A/N: HEY OMG I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES. THE INTERNET DISAPPEARED FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK BLAME THE THIEVES THEY STOLE OUR CABLE. *clears throat* To make up for this, I will upload twice today. and that's fine 'cause I'm already ten or more chapters ahead :D. This would be the last chap happening in the beach party in case you're getting tired of it lol.

Chapter XV: The Butterfly Effect 

It was a feint, of course. Ethan tilted his head to form an angle away from the camera, making it seem like they were making out. But, the recurring thought of kissing a complete stranger still bugged him. As a hot breath brushed against his neck, he heard a whisper in his ear.

"This is as close as I could get. I'm pretty sure you don't like rushing things, princess. But if you could give me a chance, I'd gladly take it. Besides, he's just your best friend, right? " Ethan gently whispered.

The crowd erupted in cheers upon thinking that they actually kissed.

Meanwhile, Star looked at herself, dumbfounded. She couldn't believe if what she was seeing was true, or just her stress levels reaching their maximum. But one thing's for sure, this would lead to many consequences she couldn't even begin counting. But then again, this was just a game. How bad could it get?

Abruptly, Marco pulled away in shock, Ethan's words striking him more than they should have. He was right. He was just Star's friend. Despite having repeated that to himself for the umpteenth time already, hearing someone else say it to him gave it a lot more sense. Yet, there was still something inside him that refused to accept that.

As he pulled away, Marco morosely stared at him. He couldn't choose the right words to say because all sorts of emotions just brewed inside his stomach and he was afraid of saying the wrong thing.

From Tom getting mad, to everyone getting confused, it was like the butterfly effect as Marco recalled. And just as he suspected, things turned for the worse as they heard a demonic cry from afar.

Star turned to see who it was, the who, unsurprisingly, being Tom. He took on his demonic form, making everyone panic, and started spewing fire balls at the people. Star felt it an obligation to calm her little demon down, so she called on him.

"Hey, Tom!" Star shouted, grabbing Tom's attention. "Stop it! It's just a game. It's nothing serious." She yelled. "I don't care. He still kissed Star. Who the heck is he to do that?" Tom spat with a demonic growl.

"It's alright, Tom. It's just a game. The camera pointed at the three of us. What, would you rather Marco kissed me instead of a stranger?" Marco spat.

Tom's fury only grew even more, and so that's when Star decided it was time to use her own body for better use. "Choice of words Star. Choice of words..." Star reminded him. Marco thought wildly. What would Star say to calm her boyfriend down? Right then, an idea snapped in his head.