Chapter XVI: The Monster King

A/N: Yo, I'm back. Fasten your seatbelts, 'cause this chapter's gonna be a ride.

Chapter XVI: The Monster King

Star took Ethan by the hand which caught him by surprise. She paused when she saw a crimson crescent hanging in the sky, and tilted her head to stare at it with awe.

"Is there something wrong?" Ethan asked. Star realized she was gazing into space, so she just shook her head, eyes hurting from the blinding red light.

They danced until they got tired. If that wasn't enough, this was followed by cake fights and a series of events that just turned into a blur. At the end, they all went home, completely worn out.

"Good night, Star. Thanks for...you know...everything." Marco bid her good night. Star squeezed his shoulder.

"It's my best friend's sister's birthday! How can I not make it special?" Star said.

"Aw, come here you small bean." Marco said and pulled her into an embrace.

"You could always be there for her as a brother. You could visit her anytime you like." Star reassured him and pulled him away.

Marco gave a small smile. "Yeah...I shouldn't have panicked too much. I'm sorry." He scratched his head.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have...Anyways...let's sleep. My legs are feeling wonky." Star stated.

"Good night..." Marco stepped outside and waved his hand. "Sweet dreams!" Star chortled at her best friend's dorkiness. She felt some warmth coming from her chest.

Tired, she collapsed onto her bed. All the furore made them sleep in just a matter of seconds, but Star had it otherwise. She only nonchalantly stared at the ceiling, unable to sleep. She tossed to her side, staring at the indigo sky which blanketed everything into darkness. Thoughts flooded her mind, most of which were rhetorical questions. Why did the blood moon show up again? Why did it appear during random times?

It just didn't make any sense for her. Maybe the blood moon had something to do with their curse?