Chapter XX: Anna and her Spanish Tale

A/N: Yellowww, I'm back bishes. 1K READS? OMG HOW. Sorry if I don't upload consistently. School has been a handful. In fact, we just finished a report we worked on for 2 months and asdfdhjklfld I sucked at it. I find public speaking pretty hard.

Chapter XX: Anna and her Spanish Tale

"Anna...I love you. Ever since the beginning. I have always loved since we were kids.

"J-Juan. I..."

Juan squeezed her hand as he looked at her with anticipation.

"I...I don't..."

His hands loosened their grips on hers.

"I-It's alright. I just wanted to tell you how I really felt. But I knew it was too good to be true." He said, averting his eyes from her chocolate ones. His world went with the tear that coursed down his cheek.

"I'm sorry Juan...But I only see you as a friend..."

"Gah, turn it off! I can't take it!" Marco grabbed his hair and yelled at her best friend who was watching a Mexican soap opera and then wiping her tears away. Star had always been fond of those soppy soap operas. He never understood how people dealt with them.

"But...But...Juan!" Star cried. "He's been with you for like...sixteen years! Why do the best friends always get friendzoned? It's sooo clicheeee." Star pouted.

On a side note, Marco also felt a pang of guilt in his stomach. For some reason, that kind of story rang a bell to him.

Marco rolled his eyes. "Star, let's just watch anime. How about Fairy Tail or... Your Lie in April to make you feel better?" Marco suggested. He wasn't sure what those were about but he heard that they were good.

Star cried even more but Marco had no clue what he said that made her cry.

"I-I need a hug." Star said and opened his arms wide in an embrace.

Star crossed her arms. "Marco, that's the fourth time today. Why are you-"

Before she could finish, Marco pulled her in and gave a tight hug.

"Marco! It's just a soap opera. Why does it seem like I have more common sense today than you? Yeesh, it's binge monday but not binge on crying." Marco asked.

Marco pouted. "But, they were supposed to end up together!" He exclaimed as he stifled a sob. He looked at Star with puppy dog eyes. Of all the things Star couldn't help, Marco's puppy dog eyes were the most effective. This manly baby needed the love it deserves.

"Aw, com 'ere." Star said and pulled him to an embrace.

"Oh gosh. Those horns really are uncomfortable. Take, em off, would you?" Star requested and Marco took it off accordingly.

"Let's watch anime instead." She said. Marco nodded his head and soon after, they binge-watched the anime 'Your Lie in April.'

Two and a half hours later

Marco instantly regretted letting Star watch Your Lie in April, for he too was crying drums of tears.

"Nooooo! I've watched it for the second time around and it still hurts my heart." Star said, dramatically grasping her chest.