Chapter 20 - Grass and Traps

POKÉMON CENTER (ETERNA CITY)

It was raining so hard outside. I was staring at the window watching the rain falls so hard into the ground. Luckily, the rain didn't come yesterday during the festival for it can ruin the mood of the people who are looking forward to the event. Today's chilly weather is a perfect time to eat hot soups so I ordered a bowl of herbal soup and now it's almost untouched on my table. Didn't expect too much herbs on it. Eterna City has a supply of lots and lots of herbs they used for herbal medicines and even as an ingredient to some recipe. No doubt why the soup I bought has loads of it. It's very nutritious and... uh, I can't just describe it anymore. I lost my appetite eating it and I push aside the bowl across my table. I should've ordered the hot milk chocolate instead. I unzipped open my shoulder bag and searched for my Trainer Case. I opened it and I saw my own Trainer Card with a special mark sign of being a member of the International Police as a junior agent. My first Gym Badge is also here. I got this Coal Badge from Roark a few days ago. Didn't realize the time flies. I still can remember the very first day I start my journey. Choosing Piplup as my starter Pokémon, being chased by those dangerous Beedrill, challenged Barry on a Pokémon battle, met Cynthia in person, and saving the students from the Galactic Duo Stu and Pid. I have so many memories of my travel all the way from my hometown. I should've brought a journal with me. I guarantee that today, I'll earn the Eterna City Gym Badge and count my badges into two. If... the rain stops.

As I was staring at the window, I saw someone from outside running fast into the direction of the Pokémon Center. The woman who is soaking wet entered through the automatic glass doors panting heavily. It's Cheryl!

"Cheryl?! What happened to you?!" I asked her.

"Oh, there you are Dawn! I've been looking for you." Cheryl told me.

"You're... looking for me? Hang on, I'll get you a towel."

I asked Nurse Joy for a towel and she lend me one. I went back to Cheryl to give it to her and told her to seat down.

"Thank you." Cheryl thanked me.

"Where have you gone? I've been here at the Pokémon Center since I woke up." I told her.

"Chansey and I have been to the Eterna Forest to pick some fruits and berries earlier this morning. Didn't expect it will rain too soon so I returned Chansey back in her Pokéball while I hurried back into the city to take a shelter. Then I remembered that today is the day you're going to challenge Gardenia. I ran into the Gym but I left disappointed. You weren't there. The Gym Guide said that you haven't come yet."

"What are you doing on the Gym?"

"I hoped that your Gym match already started so I decided to watch you battle."

"Aww, that's so sweet of you Cheryl. I love it when there'll be spectators during my Gym match. Last time it was Lucas who cheered me on my battle against Oreburgh Gym Leader Roark."