Chapter 2

Megan's POV

I woke up the next morning and honestly? I just wanted to go back to bed. My face hurt, I had a major headache and I'm pretty sure Liz was on the phone arguing which is no help seeing as though her room is right across from mine. I groaned as I pulled my blankets up over my face.

"ALEX." Liz yelled loud enough for all of China to hear. "Dont do this to me! I need you!" She was sobbing at this point. I frowned a bit. Even though she's been completely mean to me lately, she was still my twin sister and I still loved her. I slowly pulled my covers down and got off my bed. My arms instantly stretched up to the ceiling and I bent backwards a bit and groaned before standing straight back up and walking out into the hallway. I pulled my hair into a bun and stood outside of Liz's bedroom.

"Alex, please.." She whispered desperately. I watched quietly, leaning agaisnt the door frame. A few seconds later the phone lowered from her ear and fell onto the floor. She stayed seated on her bed, frozen. I walked in slowly and knocked on the door.

"Lizzie?" I asked slowly. She looked up quickly and wiped her tears. She shifted a bit in her bed.

"Hey Megan," She replied. "Did you hear that?"

I nodded slowly and frowned. "All of China could hear it.."

She giggled a bit as I took my seat next to her. Her long brown hair was cascading over her face and her body was slumping.

"What happened?" I looked at her. She looked back at me. Her bottom lip was quivering and her eyes were swollen with tears.

"You were right.. He.. He didnt love me. He just used me to get closer to Susan and.. That was it. He didnt love me. I cant believe I fell for it again. You'd think after the first time, I'd learn. He's not going to change. Ever. And I need to learn that but for some reason my heart wont let me. It just wont." She hung her head downward.

"Hey.." I whispered quietly. "It's okay Liz. You fell in love with a jerk, that's all there is to it. He played you, yes. But that doesnt make you love him anyless. It sucks to be inlove with someone like that, it does. But you'll move on and you'll find someone better. Someone who'll treat you like a princess. But sitting here dwelling on what happened isnt going to help. You should... Write a song or.. Sing a song." I said with a smile.

She looked at me and smiled back. "Thanks Megs."

"You're welcome lovely."

I smiled at her before getting up and going to get my phone and going downstairs. My stepmom, Lucy, wasnt around anywhere. I figured she must be passed out somewhere or at the club. I pursed my lips and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a water and a fruit bar and walked over to the calendar. I smiled to myself. Two days before we leave Michigan and go to Nashville, Tennessee. I sighed happily and walked into the living room, plopped down onto the couch and turned the tv on. I switched through the channels before finally settling on MTV. I heard my phone going and quickly ran to answer it.

"Hello?" I breathe out.

"Megan!" Jake screamed on the other end.

"Jake!" I screamed back with a smile.

"What are you and Lizard up to later today?"

"Nothing, why?" I asked

"Cauuuseee..Aubs and I are throwing you guys a GoodBye Party! I wanted to make sure you can come!"

"When and where?" I asked quietly. I didnt like parties.. At all. Someone always gets hurt, or yelled at or even made fun of. But my bestfriend is helping to put it on so I must go.