Chapter 29: Painful Heart

"I thought I already told you kill his son too!!", an evil figure shouted at the assasin he sent.

"I'm sorry, he escaped before I know it", the tall man bowed.

"Next time you find him...kill him...".

-------------------------------------

-Akashi P.O.V-

"I...where am I?".

"Seijuro...", Mana Mayoi looked at me.

"Why...where am I?".

"My villa", she answered lightly.

"Why am I here?", I glared.

"Ryota found you unconscious, so we decided to take you to the nearest house, which mean...mine", I sighed. I observe my surroundings. "This room is...". "Also mine", she cut off. She looks rather stiff and fidgety. "Ryota is in the living room, you should thank him", she stood up and leave the room. Just before she leave...I saw her crying...

-Mana P.O.V-

"I...can't...", I closed the door behind me and cried.

"Manacchi, you're not alone", Ryota pat my head out of nowhere.

"Ryota...", I looked at him.

"You can depend on me", Ryota cupped my forehead.

"Sure...", I blushed.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a recipe book. "What are you doing?", Ryota asked. "I want to cook Seijuro an edible food so that he will get better", I said. Ryota giggled and circled his arm around my waist, "You can be a good wife Manacchi". I blushed as I heard that, "Stop joking". "I'm not joking, I bet you will be a good wife for me", Ryota peck my ear.

"T-This is too much...", I blushed bright red.

"Manacchi, what's wrong? Your face is red", Ryota poke my cheek.

"S-Stop that!", I blushed.

"You know I think I know why your father want me to marry you", Ryota added.

"And why would that be?", I questioned him awkwardly.

"Because I heard that my mom, Akashicchi father, and your father are childhood friends!", Ryota chuckled.

"Wow, so your mother know my father?", I asked.

"Yep, they're close friends! Beside I already told my mom about you, she likes you Manacchi", Ryota hugged me tightly.

"For some reason we're like family...", I blushed.

"Ne Manacchi, just imagine that we will become a family...and we will have kids too!!", Ryota peck my cheek.

"S-Stop that!", I blushed redder.

-Akashi P.O.V-

"Did I hear that right?", I try to adjust my hearing.

Mana Mayoi is going to marry Ryota Kise? Well it's not like I care but...I feel my chest tightened, how strange...I never even met her, but whenever I'm around her...I feel a thick fog surround her, her mysterious aura piqued my interest, she also called me Seijuro before. Maybe she know me...

"Oh right Manacchi, tomorrow my mom want to meet you! My sisters too!", Ryota Kise said cheerfully.

"Could it be...they really meant it? Marriage?", I found myself drowned into a pang of sadness.

"Your family Ryota? But...", Mana Mayoi look hesitated.

"Don't worry, my mom will be happy to see you".

"How odd...I feel rather...", I frowned.

"Ryota wait here, I will take these cookies to Seijuro".

"She's coming".

-Mana P.O.V-

"Seijuro", I opened the door. He lies asleep on the bed...quietly, I found it suspicious. "Seijuro, I made cookies for you", I called him. When I accidentally touched his arm, his body temperature is hot.

"Seijuro? He sick?", I thought.

Seijuro shivered in pain, he panted heavily, he doesn't look well. I thermometer indicates that he's 38 degree celcius. "Oh my...", I gasped. "Manacchi? Are you okay?", Ryota came in. "It looks like Seijuro caught a cold...or maybe a fever", I told Ryota. "Eh? Akashicchi sick?", Ryota worried. "Don't worry Ryota, I will take care of him", I replied.

-Akashi P.O.V- (at night)

"It hurts...".

"Seijuro", Mana Mayoi hoarse voice wake me up. "You...Mana Mayoi?", I tried to balance my body as I stood. "Don't overexert yourself, you're sick, might as well stay here", she said calmly and soothing.

"Her voice...remind me of the girl in my dream...".

"Here eat this", she gave me a bowl of porridge. I sit on the bed silently, "I don't need it". "Stop complaining and eat it", she said harshly. I decided to taste it, it wasn't that bad but not that good either, passable I say. "I hope it suit your taste, I made it on my own", Mana Mayoi said nervously. "I say it's passable", I smirked. Her face brightened, "I'm glad it's edible".

After finished eating, she gave me a cup of tea. "I heard that Ginger Tea is good for health, so I decide to make it", Mana Mayoi added.

"I don't get it...why she's so kind to me? I mock her and disgrace her names...but she doesn't seems to hold a grudge...unlike other people...".

"Anyway you should stay for the night, your body is not in it's primary condition", she suggested. Her face shows no emotion, she looks like a robot. But in my eyes...she looks sad, I don't know why I know how to read her emotion state or why I feel pain on my chest...but sooner or later...the truth will show by itself.

-The next day-

"I...".

The sunshine shine on my eyes, I covered it with the pillow. When I opened my eyes, I found Mana Mayoi asleep next to me, holding a wet compress. She's been taking care of me since last night.

"It looks like she didn't get enough sleep...", I glanced at her tired face.

"Sei...juro?", she yawned and scratched his tired eyes. "You...why are you doing this to me?", I asked sternly. "I don't know...I felt like it, I suppose", she answered. "How foolish", I blurt. "I know if it sounds foolish, but I want to help you, that's all", she sighed.

"Strange girl...".

"Wait", she suddenly attached her forehead with mine. "Still hot...but I guess you're getting better". I was stunned by her sudden movements. "Anyway I'm going to Ryota house, I already prepared breakfast downstairs, eat it", then she left.

"They...".

I went downstairs, there's a pancake with maple syrup, there's also a message next to the plate.

"Eat it".

-Mana Mayoi

A short yet meaningful message. I took a bite, it was delicious.

"She made this...for me".

Just when I about to finish the pancake, my cellphone ringing inside my pocket. I search through my pocket annoyed by the call that disturb my breakfast. But then I felt something, not my cellphone...it's a pink charm.

"What is this?".

"Seijuro!", a cheery voice called me.

"Who...".