Chapter Seventeen

Hot water cascaded down Aubrey's back as she rinsed the soap off of her body, praying that the heat and steam from the shower would relax the tense muscles in her back and ease her nerves. She had an interview for the assistant editor job at three o'clock that afternoon and for some reason, she was so nervous she could hardly stomach breakfast that morning.

As she stepped out of the shower and wrapped one towel around her torso and another around her wet hair, she heard her cell phone ping repeatedly in her bedroom. When she emerged from the bathroom, she hurried over to her phone to see she had received 13 text messages. All from Brian and Jimmy.

Brian H.
12:45 PM
Can you Skype before your interview? I want to see your pretty face and wish you good luck.

Brian H.
12:47 PM
Correction: WE want to see your pretty face and wish you good luck. Jimmy busted me trying to Skype you without him.

Brian H.
12:50 PM
Dear god please get on Skype before he loses his mind.

Brian H.
12:51 PM
He's getting worked up. Sorry for the onslaught of texts you are about to receive from him.

Jimmy S.
12:52 PM
AUBREY FORD

Jimmy S.
12:52 PM
SKYPE US

Jimmy S.
12:53 PM
HELLO

Jimmy S.
12:53 PM
AC BLACK

Jimmy S.
12:54 PM
TODAY PLEASE

Brian H.
12:54 PM
Save me. SOS.

Brian H.
12:55 PM
He's out of his god damn mind. Why is he so obsessed with you?

Jimmy S.
12:56 PM
I CAN'T HELP IT

Jimmy S.
12:56 PM
I MISS YOU SO MUCH

Aubrey cackled as she pulled Skype up on her computer, laughing so hard that tears stung her eyes. The call didn't ring for long before Jimmy's face filled her entire screen.

"AUBREY!" He screamed when she appeared on the computer.

She wiped the tears from her eyes as she laughed and waved.

"Hi my sweet Jimmy!" She greeted. "Where's Brian?"

"Who cares? I'M HERE!" He yelled.

"I know and I'm so excited to see you, but I miss Brian too, you know!" She explained.

"Ugh," Jimmy grunted as someone shoved him out of the way. He finally sat back in his seat to reveal Brian sitting directly next to him.

"Hey pretty girl," Brian greeted with an adorable smile. "Ready for your interview?"

"Not quite," she laughed, gesturing to her hair body and hair, both still wrapped in a towel.

"You should wear that to your interview," Brian encouraged. "Hot girl shows up in just a towel - HIRED."

"Blech, get a room," Jimmy teased, making a grotesque face.

"I TRIED TO," Brian retorted. "SOMEONE KICKED DOWN THE DOOR TO JOIN."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jimmy brushed him off. "Aubrey, if you get this job, you have to write an article about us."

"I won't be writing any articles for a while, Jim," she laughed. "I'll just be editing them."

"Okay, well as soon as you get to write articles, write one on us!" He pleaded.

"You got it, babe," she agreed.