Chapter 10

Hey everyone!! Thank you sooo much for 100 reads, it means so much to me, I love all of youu. Can someone please explain to me how this ranking thing works because I'm really confused. I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

xxx

After sitting in silence for a few minutes, Jaden started the car and drove me home. When we arrived, I was just about to exit the car when he grabbed my arm, making me turn to face him, "I'm sorry, I really am. Please forgive me."

I just nodded, not being a hundred percent sure that I forgave him even though I said I did, he made my life hell, he made me want to kill myself. His grip on me loosened and then his hand fell to his side. I walked up to my door and waved at him before I went into my house.

I saw that the light in the living room was still on as was the tv, I went and saw my mom asleep on the couch. I chuckled then put a blanket over her, turned or the tv and the lights then kissed her cheek. I went up to my room as quietly as I could, not wanting to wake her up.

I stripped off my clothes and put on some pajamas. I washed my face then brushed my teeth. I laid down in my bed and thought about all the things that had happened. I glanced over to my window to see what Jaden was doing. To my surprise, he was looking towards me, our eyes locked and he smiled. He actually smiled, not a smirk but a smile. That night, I feel asleep with a grin on my face and Jaden on my mind.

I was woken up by the smell of...pancakes!! I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. In the kitchen was my mom, she was cooking, yay!

I just looked at her for a while until she turned around. "Good morning honey, how did you sleep?"

"Great Mom, you?" I asked.

"Good, good... now cut the crap and tell me what happened."

I laughed, "Alright, it all started when..."

Fifteen minutes later

"Oh my god!" She cried, "I can't believe you kissed!"

"Mom," I giggled "is that seriously the only thing you remember?"

I was about to say something but the doorbell rang. My mom rushed over to it while I sat and ate my pancakes. I heard my mom chatting with someone but ignored it. "Yes, of course, come in. She's right here, she's eating."

My head snapped up, Jaden walked into the room. Jaden, looking smoking hot in blue ripped jeans and a thrasher shirt holding a bouquet of roses, while I was in my unicorn pajamas I've had since like seventh grade, it was a total face palm moment. "Ashley," His deep voice pulled me back to reality, "I was wondering whether you are free today so I could take you out."

I stared at him, completely and utterly confused by what was going on. I glanced over at my mom and she mouthed to me, "Say yes".

I finally mustered up the courage to answer Jaden who was looking at me with a nervous expression on his face, "Um, yea okay. Let me just get ready."

I ran up to my room, what was I going to wear? I opened my closet. Where were we even going? "Jaden" I shouted.

"Yes, Ashley?"

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise."

"But what am I going to wear?" I whined.

"Whatever you wear is going to be perfect." He answered.

After around 5 minutes of searching, I had chosen an outfit. I was going to wear a white, lace up crop top with light blue jeans. Was it a bit extra? Yes. Did I care? No.

            I walked down the stairs and saw that my mom and Jaden were having a nice little conversation

I walked down the stairs and saw that my mom and Jaden were having a nice little conversation. Who would've thought? My bully was having small talk with my mom while he waited for me to get changed so he could take me out.

When they had noticed I was here, they stopped talking. I could see Jaden's eyes hungrily looking me up and down his stormy, grey eyes full of lust. I looked down and blushed, how did he have that effect on me? He spread out his hand towards me motioning me to take it. I walked over to him but I didn't hold his hand, it didn't feel right, it felt unnatural. My mom was standing in front of us with a happy look on her face. "Go on, go." She said, "Enjoy yourselves."

Jaden grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the door and towards his car. He opened the passenger door so I got in. He went around to his side and sat down, started up the car and he looked at me as if waiting for a confirmation then he drove away.

We drove around for about 20 minutes before he parked his car. We were at the seas side. I got out and took in a deep breath of salty air; I loved it at the sea. I loved swimming. I loved everything about it.

Jaden came over to me and took my hand again; he pulled me towards the sand and started walking. We walked along the shore for 20 minutes in silence until he finally stopped at a beach bar called "Tropic Shore".

Everybody there seemed to know his name and he knew his or hers. We sat down on a two-seated table in the middle of the bar. I could see everyone in the bar staring at me, to be more specific, at my boobs. I didn't find it very annoying since I was used to it but Jaden, on the other hand, looked pissed. His jaw was clenched and his fists were balled at his sides.

He called one of the waiters over and asked them whether we could be seated in one of the more secluded places, the waiter lead us to a little corner at the back of the bar that was almost completely closed off from the rest, it felt cozy. Since I had recently eaten, I only ordered lemonade.

After a few more minutes of silence, Jaden finally spoke up, " The reason why I've been- the way I have been these past few years is because, I liked you, like as more than a friend but didn't want to drag you into my already completely messed up life so I decided to push you away. And I know that this is no excuse for what I did to you and how I behaved but if I had the chance to take it all back and do it again, I would, without a doubt in my mind. I really wish you could forgive me and we could start over because I miss being in your company and having you as a friend."

I nodded, I had finally received at least a partial explanation to the question I had be wondering for a long time yet the only thing on my mind was that he used past tense, that he "liked" me.