Prologue // Owen Lux Wesley

PROLOGUE // OWEN LUX WESLEY
[WORD COUNT: 2952]
[TOTAL: 2952]  
(NOTICE: Owen Lux Wesley is a male. He is not a female.

This story is intended for mature readers due to detailed gore, violence and strong language. It may not be appropriate for all audiences. Please read at your own discretion. (: 

Other than that, I hope you enjoy this story!

• † •

“I need your assistance,” I announced to my heavily trusted friend–Bane–as we sat down on a bench across from the park where many children squealed in content happiness. “You owe me and I’ve decided that now is the time for you to repay your debt.”

Bane rolled his eyes and shrugged as he leaned back on the bench. “It’s not like I can refuse, so what do I need to do?” In these rare moments I was grateful for Bane’s loyalty, particularly since I knew that he would always be there for me whenever I couldn’t solve any difficulties I happened to come across of. He was a twenty-one year old man who I met last year, who earned my trust and loyalty being the only one who saw through my ‘normal facade’ and discovered what I could truly do. It was a pleasant memory to look back to, since we both shared the same beliefs.

“You already know about my plan to be remembered on this Hell they call Earth, and I have finally thought of something,” I grinned, knowing that my plan was almost flawless with a few slight adjustments. This was why I constantly depended on him, he saw the faults in my decisions and fixed them. My parents couldn’t do this simply because they couldn’t and wouldn’t understand. They were too moderate for my level of poise and expertise, which was precisely why I relied on Bane.

“What is it, Lux?” Bane flicked his brown hair aside from his damp forehead and awaited for my explanation. I shifted on the bench.

“Amnesia,” I began and I couldn’t stop the full out simper from forming. “Think about it; if I get diagnosed with permanent amnesia no one will suspect me for the crimes.”

Bane looked skeptical. “And how exactly are you going to be diagnosed with amnesia?” This was the part where I more or less disliked when Bane pointed out the flaws in my plans. I didn’t like to be incorrect most of the time or the need for people to point it out either. But this was necessary, for my plan needed to be absolutely foolproof. 

I felt my composure slip away as some of my giddiness was shown. “That’s where you come in, Bane. I need you to be a witness when I drive my parents car off of Wickory Bridge.”

“You are psychotic if you think that this is going to work,” He insisted, although I could see the admiration lurking behind his eyes. Bingo.

 “I don’t care about your opinion since you are going to do whatever I say anyways.” I flippantly said. “It’s simple, I will be driving the car off Wickory Bridge. You being the witness will call an ambulance and provide all the small details to the police in case they ask. Once I am admitted to the hospital I will tell the doctor that I remember nothing, absolutely nothing. If he doesn’t buy it or puts down my condition as something else then you will kill him and change the files yourself.”

“Remind me again why you are doing this?” Bane still seemed hesitant about my carefully thought out plan even though he seemed to be weighing out the pros and cons from his carefully concise expression. I exhaled, knowing that Bane was very fortunate that he was someone I trusted and persistent with. If it were anyone else I would have thrown a punch or two for stretching my patience when I already had little to begin with.