"Incident."

NOTE: Finn and you are 18 plus in this one-shot; Finn is not famous in this chapter. Enjoy!

❇️

"Okay. This is it. I'm not going to cry." I opened my music player and felt nothing but emptiness.

I miss Finn so much.

(Before You Go by Common Kings)

Want you to love me before you leave

Let me hold you before you go

Just remember the time we shared

And remember you touched my soul

Finn and I love this song and it was part of our childhood. We're childhood friends as well. Our mothers are best friends so it's impossible for us to not hang out. Besides, my mom would love to see us hanging out since I'm her only child. She doesn't want me to live alone or somehow an anti-social person. So maybe having a trusted friend would be the solution to her problem.

Mom is a single mother. My dad left us when I was eight. (He wanted to start a new life but we didn't know he'll start a new family as well) then it all started when mom and I moved to Vancouver.

Finn and I became close to each other when I was nine. Then at the age of ten, we became friends until now.

That's...Eight years. We're eight years now.

As friends.

But, uh, I wouldn't blame myself for these emotions I feel towards him. I admit it. He's attractive. Puberty hit him like a truck when he was fourteen.

Well enough of that. Let's go back (to Indiana circa 1983) to the reality.

For some reason, this song really hit me hard. He left a month ago for his first movie shoot. He finally got the part as the protagonist of the movie.

The protagonist in his first movie. So lucky.

It was his dream to be an actor so here he is, finally fulfilling his childhood dream. I'm just here, alone. I have nothing to do.

But, I'm happy because I finally found a job for myself. I'm currently on a trip back home from...Starbucks. Yes. As a barista. And it's been a week dealing with customers. Angels seldom visit me but if you tell me to count them, there are only five to six nice people.

Turning the steering wheel, I can finally see my home from a distance. I was about to park my car when something interrupted me.

I was panicking. I was so close to death. Well, not really but I felt like my body was tossed out of my car. Good thing, it wasn't even close enough. It's just a bump from behind.

But even though it's just a bump, I don't want to pay for the repair.

Heaving, I closed my music player and banged the door open.

I don't want to die. And if my anger devours me this early, it's not my fault. I can't control it.

But, I'm trying my best to calm my emotions. With a deep sigh, I have calmed myself. I run my fingers through my hair and exhaled again.

"Excuse me!" I hollered. The driver didn't hear it so I shouted once again. "Please be careful next time," I said, rolling my eyes. I scuffed next to the trunk to see if the lights are fine. There's a little indent but I guess it'll be fine.

"Great." I glance back at the car where the driver finally opened the door. I didn't see his features that much but when he finally left the car, I felt stunned.

"FINN?" I gasped, covering my mouth.

"You came home? Now, why didn't you tell me?" I sprinted towards his direction in open arms. I engulfed him, his scent embracing me.

"You looked troubled." he laughed.

I grunted, "How wouldn't I be troubled when you almost killed me!"

 "I wanted to surprise you but-"

"Surprise?" I playfully punched his arm, "I nearly died!"

"Okay, okay. I'll repair that damage I did on your car," he said, showing his hands in defense.

"Next time, think of a safety plan." I tapped his nose while pulling his arm towards me before hugging him. "I missed you so much Finnie!"

"I missed you too." we broke our embrace as I lay my feet on the ground. His eyes twinkled like the stars in the night sky and his cheeks flushed the shade of pink.

"So, where are you heading to?"

"Home." I gaze back at our cars which are in a safe place. I look at Finn again. He's giving me a warm smile. I beamed as well, making his smile form into a grin. "How's the shooting?"

"It's fine. It was good," he replied with a smile.

Awkward. It became awkward. I can't stare at his dark brown eyes anymore when the cold breeze seems to embrace us. I sighed, my warm breath touching my skin. I decided to look down and my arms are wrapped around his neck at this moment.

I gaze at the scenery from the back. The lemon and apricot shades splash the faded sky from above. The sun hides on the horizon and the clouds whirl, forming a shape. It is the most satisfying work of art that I have seen in my entire life.

My eyes are bombarded by a cluster of stars. The freckles around Finn's face have a tint of rose.

"(Y/n)?" he softly whispered. "I-I'm sorry. I was interrupted by the scene happening behind you." he glimpsed at back with a smile creeping on his face. When he faced me, I saw his genuine grin.

Satisfying work of art? He is a masterpiece.

"There's something I wanted to tell you."

My heart shakes uncontrollably. It was unusual. Fireworks burst around our figures and I have butterflies in my stomach.

"What is it?" I relaxed my tensed shoulders when he sighed. My arms are still wrapped around his neck and we are probably having a staring contest at this moment. 

"Finn?" Nothing. There is no response. "Fi-"

A soft peck on my lips had me widening my eyes at the unexpected action. Finn hugged me as we both breathed heavily.

"W-were you about to tell me something?" he smiles, "I already told you."

"W-what do you mean?" I bit my bottom lip, sighing. I broke our embrace, staring at each other's gaze.

Just by his cocky eyebrow, I already know what he's doing.

That kiss means something already. Surely, it's just Finn being the cheesy one but of course, I already know it.

He's waiting for my response.

Smirking, I stare at his dark brown contacts to see my reflection. Without hesitation, I closed my eyes while pressing his tensed figure against me. I closed the gap and left him hanging for more.

I love you too

That's what my kiss says.