"Cassiopeia." [2/3]

DISCLAIMER: okay so umm, to make things clear, you are a star, the goddess of stars, and a universe guardian as well. It's like you are a human embodiment of a star. So, yeah. I guess that's it. Enjoy!

YOUR POV

Six months after the commotion...

"(Y/n)?" I sit up straight and flashed Finn a warm welcoming smile upon hearing him blurt out the new name he made. He just came from school while Nick left hours ago for his work. I was left at home with Rosie so I had a lot of hours to waste while waiting for the Wolfhard family to come home.

It has been six months now and these humans treated me very well. They treated me as if I'm part of their family. Yes, I'm somehow adopted, but still, I have to find a way to escape this human world if it means to go back to my real family.

I don't belong here and I must return to the universe since I'm a star. Not a human.

I've been quiet for a week now, which means I haven't cast myself a communication spell, yet. Lip contact is the only possible spell because I am in the human world. My culture is converted into human aspects whenever a goddess-guardian like me visits to earth. Nonetheless, it will take another day for me to make this a possibility. Humans are sensitive and...choosy. It will take a lot of time to make them think it's a normal thing for me to do despite being a stranger.

Finn dropped a box of - I don't know what it is but I know he loves it - on the table. He did offer me this human food before (and it came from that box again)—it's round, colorful with a hole in the middle. What do they call it? Oh, a—

"I bought donuts for the two of us. You can take two of them with you. The rest will be for Nick, mom, and dad."

I nodded, opening the box of sweet treats. I took the (your choice#1) and (your choice#2) then laid the second donut on the plate beside it. Finn settled himself beside me and we started munching the food together. I glanced at him, smiling a thank you smile. He beamed back and shifted himself more. Our figures are softly pressed together. I can feel my stomach flipping out again.

Everyone in the family is kind and lovely but Finn is more than that. He showed too much affection as if I'm really his sister or something. I do have a brother back in my world although I don't feel this warm, fluffy, and fuzzy feeling around him. It's just a sibling emotion, not a weird emotion.

The tiny things he does are making me soft. The way he smiles; ruffles his hair in the morning; or calls my name, makes me soar above the clouds. That's what I actually hate the most. He does the simplest things and I'm here feeling giddy inside. Since I'm a star, my figure heats up and I can't even control it.

"Oh by the way," I looked at him, studying that by the way, he blurted out. And by that, it's like hey, I need to talk to you again.

Pursing his lips, Finn laid his donut on the box before wiping his fingers with a tissue. He stares at my eyes as if he's looking at the real me. I inaudibly gulp and blinked.

"How did you do that?"

That. And then I remembered what I did last night.

[FLASHBACK]

Finn?

I internally whispered to myself.

The sobs were getting louder and louder yet the rest of the Wolfhard family neglected Finn's cries. I stood up from the couch, where I sleep, then followed his voice. It was dark but every night time I glow,

But in the eyes of Finn.

I still don't know how and why he sees me glow. Humans don't see it. He knows this strange thing about me but I can't tell him yet that I'm WAY more than extraordinary. He sees me glowing in the night and I can tell how captivated he is because he doesn't interrogate me. He'll stare in awe until I snap him back to reality by tapping his shoulder.

Mostly, earthlings are scared and bewildered whenever this unusual phenomenon happens. He's not what I expected. He didn't tell anybody not even his family.

"(Y/n)," I stopped. Just as I saw him on the floor, leaning against the hallway's wall, I sat opposite him, mirroring his position. I frowned when I saw his flushed cheeks and tearful eyes. I settled my hands on my lap and searched for an answer. Nothing I got nothing.

"I...I know you're asking me why the hell I'm crying but I hope...you'll understand sometimes I'm in this state where I always feel lost. Anxiety is keeping me away from the real world. I don't know how I'll escape i—"

Unconsciously, I wiped his tears away, an excuse to trace his freckled path. I smiled heartily and stayed like an angel for a minute until I waved my hand, showing my magic. A sparkling trail of stars appeared on the tip of my fingers. It reflected on his dark brown eyes as if it became a pool of honey. I sprinkled my magic on his head to make him feel better. I also have the power of happiness and I guess it did make him happy.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

And that's basically it. The that he was talking about. I accidentally showed my real self in front of Finn. It was mostly to Rosie, their dog, but now Finn knows it too.

"Um, I know it's disturbing to ask you the same question from last night. We took you from the forest and Nick and I barely even know you. If you're far from what I think, please let me know. I don't know what to reac—"

Gulping, I cut him off by putting my index finger against his soft lips. I took a deep breath, pursing my lips. My crown of stars appeared above me only to fly slowly around our figures. Surprised, Finn gaped in awe. I already have the chance to close the gap between us.

I left a short peck, taking the spell of communication. The wave of heat empowered my skin. I can finally release my voice when he took me by the collar of my blouse and deeply kissed my lips. Our bodies are overpowered by various lights: pink, blue, white, red, and yellow. I ruffled his hair, pressing myself against his lean body. Gasping, I heaved and whispered.

"Finn, I'm not a human. I'm a star. The goddess and guardian of stars. I didn't tell you because the possible human communication is by lip contact. This was the only chance so..." I shrugged, "I know it's weird because you're a human and I'm not any of you. I've never seen a human treating me like a normal person."

"You are the most beautiful creature, (Y/n). And even if you're different... I will still love you..." he trailed off.

"I love you too."

He pulled me once more, pecking my lips. I giggled under my warm breath and smiled. He beamed, "So what's your real name then?"

"Cassiopeia."

And then everything escalated in a pan of seconds.

My stars dissolved—as well as the light binding us. I glanced at him who's now as clueless as me. My skin becomes transparent and I can feel my soul going back where I suppose to be. He constantly pulled me but it was no use. His limbs passed by my figure and I couldn't scream my heart out. He was anxiously watching me disappear into thin air until it was the last moment.

I finally saw the white light.

I was back in my world. Again.