"Insecurities."

"(Y/n)!"

He called out.

I turned around and saw him. I witnessed his prominent features again: crazy curly hair; sharp jawline and cheekbones.

All I could see is joy and then suddenly worry replaced his face. His lips formed a curve—not a happy curve—but a sad one.

I flashed a faint smile and continued my trail. This time, I felt running away from everyone, including him; but it's not like I ran away from the reality. I speed up my walking, avoiding the students. Unfortunately, the real world pulls me off my comfort zone. The chains are tighter than before; I can't breathe.

And that's when I felt a liquid streaming from my eyes. I wiped my face continuously and never dared to look back. I've finally reached the hallway where I stay and cry most of the time.

Insecurities. I feel another wave of self-doubt in my heart.

"Here we go again, aren't we?" I plunked my bottom down and slammed my back against the cold crème wall. My tears constantly fell on my skin until I heard muffled footsteps hunting my trail.

"(Y/n)?"

I glanced at my side and saw his face again. That's when I cried my heart out, in front of him.

"Finn..." I trailed off. My best friend sat in front of me, mirroring my position. Just as he scrunched his forehead, I engulfed him in a tight embrace. He runs his fingers through my hair strands before reassuringly rubbing my back.

"Finn, it's...it's coming back again," I choked out between my sobs. He breaks the hug, looking at me.

He might haven't seen me cry but he knows I'm battling with myself everyday. I feel lost. I feel like a stranger to myself. All I did was compare myself to others. I'm ugly, (skinny/fat), stupid, weird. You name it.

"You know what?" I rubbed my eyes, sniffing, "You don't deserve a friend like me. I just make everything worst. I...I can't even love myself." he wipes my tears with his thumb just when they escaped my eye.

"No. You have to prove yourself wrong. Everyone loves you, (Y/n)! You are amazing, charming, beautiful, adorable, kind, intelligent, and talented. What makes you say that?"

"Because everyone's all perfect...and...and I'm just a tra—"

"Hey," he held my hand tightly, just like my mother's grip. But with Finn's grasp, it feels like home. It feels like I'm back to the past (Y/n) again. The bubbly girl she used to be. "We all love you. I love you, (Y/n). Don't feel bad. Don't feel like a stranger to yourself. Everyone has their own flaws, and you know what makes you you?"

I slowly shook my head.

"Your beautiful traits. You are beautiful just the way you are."

His smile is the definition of the heaven. I couldn't forget the fact that he makes me soar above the clouds as if I'm flying above the city. I just hope I could prove myself wrong. When will I ever love myself?

"Thank you, Finn. For everything. You're always there beside me whenever you see my awful face. You know when I'm losing myself again. I'm sorry for being negative. It's just—"

"It's okay. Don't be sorry. I am always here for you," he hugged me once again. I didn't break the powerful embrace when his body heat empowered my figure. I sighed and smiled. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach again, the heat creeping on my cheeks and my racing heart. He plays with my hair again and we stayed there for a second until he breaks the silence.

"(Y/n)?"

I sat up straight, looking at him. "Hm?"

I watched his eyes sparkle with affection. His curls complemented the path of freckles on his cheeks. Unconsciously, I traced them on his cheekbone until I reached his nose bridge. I slowly brushed his hair off of his forehead and smiled at him. We let out a short giggle before staring at each other for a solid second.

"You're so adorable." I chuckled.

"You look fascinating."

Finn didn't budge at my comment the moment I blurted that out. Pursing my lips, I brushed my gaze away from his eyes. Although, I unexpectedly watch his lips move. He was starting to lean forward. I gulped, glancing back at him.

Nonetheless, I closed my eyes as his breath merely touced my skin. His radiance embraced me even though he's just an inch away from me.

I heard the drums of my heart everytime he takes a centimeter between us. By the time his fingers touched my chin, I fluttered my eyelashes open only to witness his action. Our lips sealed together; it moved in sync for a short period of time. Gasping, I saw my reflection on his eyes again. He was staring at my soul.

"That was..."

"Perfect?" he interrupted.

"Yeah."

And then our foreheads touched each other.

"Now, do you proved yourself wrong?" he chimed.

"Totally." I chuckled, pecking his lips again.

"I love you so much, (Y/n)."

"I love you too, Finn."