"Electric Love."

❝Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle. I can't let you go now that I got it, and all I need is to be struck by your electric love.❞

"Oh, look. It's raining!"

I immediately sat down on the large window sill, looking up to witness the doleful skies.

It never failed to make me happy and that is why I'm here in the first place.

I turned around and saw the door burst open, revealing my best friend, Finn. He had a mug on both hands and a smile upon his face. I beamed and gestured him to sit beside me, in front of the window. "Took you long enough," I said, taking the mug from his right hand. He sat down and crosses his legs, leaning against the wall.

Sipping, the warm liquid strokes my throat and it woke my system. The sweet aroma wafts in the room as I inhale the satisfying comfort of my favorite warm beverage.

"Mmm..." I hummed. Finn did the same too and we exchanged smiles by the window.

"Thank you, by the way." He gave me a thumbs-up before drinking again.

"Why do you love rain so much?" he asked.

"It's because it's calm. Duh," I snort, playfully rolling my eyes. Finn traced something on the window then drew a figure I couldn't comprehend. I glanced at the drawing he made while tilting my head. I cocked an eyebrow and asked, "What's that?" he smiled, "A crying cloud."

"A crying cloud?" I giggled, finishing up. I settled the mug down between us and started drawing too. I drew a heart with a face on it.

"Well, I drew a happy heart."

Finn is the last one to finish his drink so I waited for a while before we draw again. Once he settled the mug beside mine, he drew something before I even know it.

I watched his finger twirl around the glass as the raindrops fall continuously. There was a fuzzy feeling inside my stomach but I didn't mind it when the skies roared. I slightly jumped on my seat, screaming. I cupped my cheeks and calmed myself. Finn looked at me and shot me a straight face. I laughed at his expression before pursing my lips.

"You nearly killed me!" he flailed his arms, laughing. I gave him a peace sign and stopped from giggling. I heard another clap of thunder so I flinched and covered my ears.

This time, I wasn't laughing anymore. I was serious and scared but Finn began laughing maniacally as playful banter.

"Finn, I'm serious!" I whined, covering my ears again. His laugh slowly diminished. I shot him a glare but I immediately softened my gaze when I saw his eyes gleam.

"Okay, okay. I'll get your blanket," he snatched the two mugs before laying them on the table from a distance. He took the baby blue blanket from his bed, which is his blanket, and spread it behind me. I smiled and slouched my back, perfectly calmed.

"Thank you."

Since my mom and dad left for their work, I was alone at home. I decided to go to Finn's house which is a few steps away from us. Mrs. Wolfhard wouldn't mind though, even if I stay in their house for days. Besides, she is my mom's best friend. We get along pretty well.

Finn sits down opposite me. We watch the raindrops tap the window and the lightning flashing above us. I momentarily covered my ears and sighed.

"Hey," Finn reassures me by laying his hand on my thigh. I put my hands down and he intertwines his fingers to mine.

"You love the rain but you hate the thunder? How is that even possible?"

"I didn't know it's a thunderstorm. Just because I love the rain doesn't mean I love the thunder too," I pouted.