"Intertwined."

Guess who's back again! (thank goodness, after all these years, I finally came back from the dead)

( ゚ヮ゚)

This is another alternate universe Oneshot so expect the fictional beliefs and scenes that will be written in this chapter. I hope you'll like it!

PS: This was inspired by Dodie's Intertwined. Her song will be up above so if you want to check it out or queue it with this one-shot, you can do whatever you want.

❇️ ❇️ ❇️

"Mom? Is that you?"

...

"Dad?"

I was uncertain by the fact that I can feel my soul roaming around somewhere else. I guess I'm dreaming again and this might be an awful nightmare. Another awful nightmare.

"DAD! MOM! HELP!"

I can literally feel my eyes burst into tears. I couldn't find my family anymore and this made my heart broken into pieces. I can't breathe. I literally can't breathe. As this black abyss made me so lost, I can feel my heart harden and my soul being ripped apart.

And then it came back again. A familiar grasp from someone I knew for almost a week now gave me comfort. I fluttered my eyelashes and saw nothing but a blurry face. I rubbed my eyes, smudging my tears. I can finally see his features again. Those curls, freckles, and his smile. He snaked his arms around my waist, making his grip tighter than before. I lightly gasp and gave him a sweet smile.

"Finn, when will we ever find them? I...I can't handle it anymore."

He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear before showing his tattoo: The wave tattoo on his wrist. The symbol that united us both when we were lost.

"Remember the time when you helped me? I felt like I finally found my other half. Even though I lost my family: Nick, my mom, and my dad; I never felt hopeless. We'll find them soon, (y/n). Don't worry."

[FLASHBACK]

"HELP!"

I held my head up high as I hear my voice in my brain. Screaming, I searched for my family though no one showed up as I have expected. The coast is foggy, expansive, and eerie. I couldn't trail my last path and as far as I know, I'm lost somewhere in the middle of the nowhere island.

In my disappointment, I also lost my powers. I tried snapping my fingers but it never appeared in front of me. I was the water elemental, the sea creature superior and I guess I'm a norm now. A normal person.

I trudged against the rough ground and saw nothing but the twigs the fire elementals use for their living. If only I was the fire elemental, I could have snatched those for breakfast. Sadie and Caleb used to eat them. Unfortunately, I can't because we only eat crystals that are always concealed underneath the island of the sea.

As I was about to shift my trail, I heard a weak cry from a far away. I felt my stomach flip since there was this strange connection from the stranger. I widened my eyes and approached the broken shelter. I arched my back and saw an injured male. I let out an audible gasp, helping him. I took the planks away from him and the twigs and branches covering his figure.

I took him by the hand and helped him stand up but then a light flickered on our wrist. Blinking, we looked at its glowing symbol and that's when I knew who he was.

Water elemental: the wave superior. Finn Wolfhard.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Two weeks ago, our land became dull and lifeless. We tried restoring its power to its normal state but nothing happened because the humans abused our gifts. You see, in the human world, our spirits and powers are converted into different forms.

Since they made the curse, every time we use our powers in this world becomes the opposite of it. As a sea-creature superior, I guide those creatures underneath the water but in their world, they die.

On our planet, we have these major elements: water, wind, fire, earth; and each of them has sub-topics. We call them the superiors and it states the specific part of an elemental within the element itself. Finn was the wave superior. He controls the waves in the human world but since there's a curse enveloping us, it destroys them. Specifically, their shelters.

"I'm tired of this nightmare. I'm on the same page with my dreams and I can't stop witnessing every single detail of how they disappeared."

My eyes heat up once again. Tears are streaming down my cheeks as if it was a waterfall. I looked down and broke our gaze. Finn caressed my face; his left hand stroking my right cheek and his right hand on my (h/c) hair. Looking up, he flashed another beam from ear to ear. My lips parted then fell down on a straight line. For some reason, I lost my words. His dark brown eyes sent butterflies into my stomach. We're currently underneath the small cave where a small night light enters it. I could see every single spec of stars on his cheeks. I felt safe in his arms as if I finally found my family.

"Finn, thank you for enlightening me. It's been a week now but we already built a strong relationship. Thank you and...I-" a snore escaped from his pink lips. I sighed, wiping the small tears Finn missed. I sat up quietly before running my fingers through my hair. I kissed his forehead, his cheek, and the bridge of his nose.

I stopped at his lips for a while and thought of how I should execute this move without him knowing that I kissed him on his lips while he's asleep. I smiled as the tingles tickled my feet. Slowly, I closed the gap between us. I left a peck on them until I saw his eyes flutter open. He blinked, laying a hand under my chin.

"You could have told me earlier so I didn't surprise you." I pouted at his cheesy remark. He sat up straight, ruffling his hair. Nervously, I chewed on my inner cheek and broke another eye contact. "You know, you can always start with me."

"What do you mean?" I softly whispered, watching his lips fall down. "A new journey. A new family." I look up.

"If my parents approve that." we chuckled shortly after he played a strand of my hair. He twirled them around his fingers. "I promise you, by tomorrow, we will find the rest of the elementals. For now, we have to stick together. No more broken memories. Just you and me."

Finn snaked his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer. Unconsciously, I laid my hands on his shoulder, wrapping them around his neck. We looked at each other's eyes then tightened our embrace.

"Finn..." I pulled apart. I couldn't contain the tingles tickling me so I did what I was told. I engulfed him in a hug and kissed him on his lips.

❇️ ❇️ ❇️

- edited