"The Barrier Between Us." [1/2]

DISCLAIMER: This is fictional. The beliefs are not true so don't be triggered if it is against your religion/beliefs. Thank you very much and enjoy. :)

Part 1 of The Barrier Between Us.

❇️ ❇️ ❇️

Backstory:

Many years ago, two different angels held humanity. They have different roles in the real world: whether keeping the human world safe and sound or just watching them live and die.

(Y/n) (L/n) is a life angel. She is responsible for sustaining the needs of humans. In the human world, she is nature. She gives the earthlings a sufficient amount of care and affection before they wilt, and that would be Finn's role to capture their souls before bringing them to a different dimension. He's a death angel, in other words, a reaper-angel.

The thing is, there's a barrier between them. It keeps these two angels away from each other for there is a consequence if they meet. A life angel and a death angel? That would be the end of the world. Or could be worst than that. (if there is)

The gods never made them see each other. There is always a twist of fate if they have a tiny chance of meeting. The Fate Goddess loves to fool around which makes her the center of hatred. She's the enemy of the highest gods and goddesses for all she did is fool around and break the rules. She always summons her cupid and then the matchmaking activity finally happens for a moment or two.

The Fate Goddess played her game once again. She made a portal for the two angels. The pond is the only portal for them to meet. How?

(Y/n) sat on the sparkling leaves of autumn. She stirred the cold shimmering water, watching her reflection dispersed in a second. The whirl and swirls made her happy inside. She loves watching the humans underneath the black abyss as if it was her crystal ball. (Y/n) sighed and giggled under her warm breath. Her flowy (h/c) hair touched her blushy cheeks. A small smile stayed on her scarlet lips.

She's as beautiful as nature.

Meanwhile, Finn settled himself beside the glowing pond. He stared at it in awe since it resembled the stars he watched over while waiting for the humans' last breath. He couldn't believe how charming it is because every single detail that nature has made him giddy inside. He's on earth, (imperceptible in the eyes of the humans), watching over them; while (Y/n) is in a different dimension. Finn hoped, that someday, he'll meet her, only if the rules did not exist.

As the two angels stir the water after them, Blythe (the Fate Goddess), smirked above them. She snapped her fingers, making their reflection change. They see each other in a pan of a millisecond before the pond, itself, swallowed them.

Opening their eyes, they gape in bewilderment. The water enveloped their bodies; surprisingly, they breathe underneath the cold water regardless of being immortal. Finn floats before the clueless angel. She pursed her lips and blushed. A sheepish smile crept on her face and she couldn't contain herself. A magnetic force pushed them together and there was finally an inch between them.

"Hi." Surprisingly, their voices didn't come out muffled. It was as if they were still in their worlds, only underwater. Finn brushed her warm cheeks. (Y/n) bashfully tucked a hair behind her ear and smiled at him. They both looked away in an attempt to do something more. The death angel cleared his throat, looking at her, then said, "I've never known you'll be this beautiful, (Y/n)."

The way he stated her name sent shivers running down her spine. His raspy voice was like the dancing autumn leaves at the park. It sounded like the leaves caressing the branch of the trees or maybe when it plummets down on the ground, making her heart soar. They always hear each other's names because the heavens mention these every single time. Just so they can be aware.

"And you don't look bad yourself, Finn." she beamed, "I just wish we can be together if this isn't a dream."

"Yeah. If it wasn't really just a drea—"

A magnetic force-controlled them once again. When they realized how real it felt, their bodies were devoured by gems. One by one, their skins become shards of crystal, rubies, amethyst, and various stones. A ringing ear-splitting sound resounded underwater. Their figures slowly dispersed until the portal exploded.

All because of Blythe's reckless attitude, the earth was absorbed by a black hole that the angels made after their disappearance. The superiors restored them by creating the most powerful power they huddled for. The two angels were reincarnated into humans, thus, making them strangers in the eyes of everyone, including the gods and goddesses up above.