Chapter 7: Salvaging Scrap Baby

You open the door behind you, sigh, and walk through the doorway. The white swirls around you, and you collapse to the blank ground.

Michael's P.O.V

I heard another scream, directly ahead, and whooped. Y/N could still be alive. I crawled as fast as I could and rammed into a wall. Y/N's scream had echoed against the walls, deceiving me. I roared and pounded the vents again, leaving more dents.

"Hey, metalhead!" Henry called out teasingly from behind me. "Don't drop the soap!"

I laughed and turned around. "Hey, fleshbag! Be careful! Your dainty little arms could rip off any second!" I said jokingly.

Henry laughed and pointed to the right. "I think Y/N's this way." 

I crawled in the direction that Henry had pointed to and spotted Y/N up ahead. She was sprawled on the floor, and she wasn't moving. I choked and slithered over to her. Y/N was dead. No. 

"Y/N, please, wake up!" I begged, my voice reverberating against the metal walls. 

"It's no use, Michael." Henry said sympathetically. "She's gone."

I wailed and punched the vent wall again. She was gone. All of this, for NOTHING. I turned around slowly and faced Henry, who backed away, terrified. I laughed insanely, enjoying his fear. Was this how my father felt every murder, every day? If he did, then he must be living in paradise.

Your P.O.V

You start to cough and open your eyes, then scream. Molten Freddy is staring at Henry, who looks terrified. Molten Freddy whirls around when he hears you scream, his red eyes locked onto you.

"I-it's a trick. It has to be." Molten Freddy says, his eyes glued onto you.His voice brings tears to your eyes. Henry was right. Michael is here.

Henry backs away, his eyes locked onto Molten Freddy. "Y/N!" he shouts happily. "You're alive!"

You smile at Henry. "I'm glad to be alive." You then face Molten Freddy, who is twitching violently, his eyes flickering between purple and red. You wave, and he snarls.

"Michael?" you ask worriedly, fear filling your voice.

Molten Freddy leers at you, as if he's enjoying your fear. This isn't Michael. This is a monster that wants to kill you. Henry must have lied. But then, Molten Freddy winces and looks at you concernedly. Was Michael still there? The caring, kind-hearted guy that you had fallen in love with? There was only one way to tell.

"Y/N! Get away from him!" Henry shouted. He was now a yard away, watching you and Molten. "He's not in his right mind!"

You wave off Henry's concerns and approach Molten Freddy slowly. Molten doesn't make any moves, he just watches you as you advance towards him. When you reach Molten Freddy, you extend your arms and hug the endoskeleton. 

Molten freezes, his eyes still locked onto you, then he creaks and hugs you back. "Thank you, Y/N." Molten whispers. "Thank you for reminding me about who I truly was."

"You're welcome," you whisper back.

Henry crawls back towards the two of you. "So what do we do now?"

Michael snarled. "Take Y/N back to her office. Protect her. I'll hunt down Scraptrap."

You cling to Michael tightly. "Please, don't go. I can't lose you again."

The animatronic gently pulls you off him, then waves a sad goodbye. "I promise you Y/N. I will always come back." Molten Freddy crawls away from you and Henry, the red glow of his eyes fading in the darkness of the vents.

You and Henry crawl back to your office, using your company-issued flashlight to guide you. You slump into your chair, exhausted. It had been a long night. Now to finish your nightly duties and go home. 

You notice a new catalog for Stan's Servos and Tech and thumb through it. You then log onto the computer and order a 2-person sturdy stage and an animatronic named Happy Frog. She sounded like a peppy animatronic, and she would entertain the children. Perfect.You unclog the toilets and clean the dining area while Henry cleans the kitchen and restocks the pizza ingredients. Once your nightly duties are completed, you walk back to the salvage room, only to see a new animatronic slumped by the desk.

Henry follows you into the room and spots the animatronic instantly. "That's Baby, alright. Scrap Baby. Good luck. You'll need it." Henry then leaves. You hear his car start and drive away. Clearly, Henry didn't want to see another animatronic tonight.

You play two of the audio prompts without a reaction from Baby

You play two of the audio prompts without a reaction from Baby. But when you look upafter playing the third prompt, Scrap Baby is looking up at you, her green eyes locked onto you. You quickly use your taser and Baby resets to her original position. You play the final two audio cues, with no reaction from Baby. Good. Your job here is done. You lock the door to the salvage room and leave.

Tomorrow is another day.