Chapter 2: Salvaging Molten Freddy

Michael's P.O.V

I slipped into the darkness of the alley behind Freddy's, where I made myself a home. Or something close to it. Something had called me here...something. I didn't understand it, but it was a call for me to emerge from the shadows. A call that I answered. I made my way to the dumpster with my new legs, wobbling every step of the way. Ugh. I still wasn't used to walking. It had been a year, which I could only tell by a calendar that I found in the dumpster. It's amazing what people throw into the trash. Of course, I would be considered trash. But I salvaged this body, made it mine. My body was destroyed, but now I had a new body. A better body. I felt a sharp, stabbing pain in my head. Not again. I felt myself slipping away...losing control. I fell to the cold pavement as my vision turned black.

Your P.O.V

You walk into Freddy's at 4:00pm, ready to start your new job. Tomorrow was the grand opening of the newest Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. Time to order some supplies. You walk to the secret office, located behind the "salvage room", as you called it. You sit down atthe desk and powered on the monitor, and a sales catalog for "Dumpster Divers Weekly" pops onto the screen. You order some colored cups and plates, a balloon barrel, and a discount ball pit. The items won't arrive until the next day, so you get to work on your nightly duties. You print flyers, unclog the toilets, and clean the ovens, even though they hadn't been used today. You are about to leave for the night when you remember that you have to do your salvage run. 

You walk into the salvage room, only to find that there's an animatronic already sitting in front of the desk, ready to be salvaged. You pull out your phone and see a text from Henry. You read it aloud.

"As mentioned under paragraph 4 of the contract I signed, my job is to salvage the animatronics found in the back alley. Seen before you is Molten Freddy, an animatronic from the back alley. You will be recording its reaction to various audio prompts on your test sheet. I am also issued with a taser to use when my life is in danger." At this, you gulp, then keep reading. "My shift will end after I either successfully salvage the animatronic or it escapes the salvage room. Good luck." You reach the end of the text and groan. "Well, time to salvage this animatronic."

You glance up at Molten Freddy and instantly feel the urge to scream

You glance up at Molten Freddy and instantly feel the urge to scream. Just looking at his twisted features and bare endoskeleton tells you instantly how he got his name. You sigh and play the first audio prompt. No reaction. You check off the 'no' box on your test sheet and move on. You get through the next two without any reaction. But when you look up after the 4th audio prompt, Molten Freddy is staring at you, his red eyes gleaming, ready to strike. You scream, then quickly grab your taser and use it on Molten Freddy.

Molten Freddy screams, a human scream, then goes limp. You shed a tear then move on to the final audio prompt. One more. When you look up again, Molten Freddy is twitching strangely, his now bright purple eyes locked onto you. You scream again and flee the building after locking the door to the salvage room behind you. You call Henry to tell him about the successful salvage run...

Henry's P.O.V

I'm sitting on my brown, leather sofa flipping through an old photo album when I get a phone call from Y/N. I groan and answer the call, knowing from previous calls that this was mostly a call about the "safety" of the building or a complaint. I laugh at the sheer thought of Freddy Fazbear's being safe, especially for children. After all, adults and kids alike had found the true magic behind the singing robots and lost their lives.

"So Y/N. How was tonight?" I ask, already knowing what her response will be.

"Actually, it went great, unlike some of my other jobs. I successfully salvaged Molten Freddy!" Y/N responded excitedly, although I could the fear behind her optimistic tone. Something happened tonight. I was sure of it.

I could understand Y/N's use of the word 'actually'. She must be a former Freddy's employee. Hopefully not from the '87 location. I didn't see any head damage though, so maybe not. But I was shocked about her successful salvage of Molten Freddy. I had tried for almost a year but failed. "That's impressive." I said. "Make sure to keep an eye on that guy though. He's a...slippery one. They all are."

"Okay." Y/N replied. "But there was something...off about Molten Freddy. When I used my taser, he screamed. A human scream. And when I finished the final audio prompt, his eyes...changed color."

"What?!" I exclaimed. Eye color changes were significant. The color the eyes changed to could reveal who's soul was inside of that animatronic. "What color were the eyes?"

Y/N paused. "The eyes were originally red, then they turned purple. When the eyes were purple, Molten Freddy was twitching. I was terrified and fled after locking the door behind me."

I groaned. "Did you lock the door to your office?"

"No." Y/N responded. "Was that bad?"

"YES!" I shouted. "If you don't lock the door, then the animatronic can slip into the ventilation system. You blew it!"

"I'm sorry." Y/N said apologetically. "I didn't know."

I was deep in thought, wondering who could be possessing Molten Freddy. There were only a few souls still trapped within the pages of the franchise. William, my daughter Maribelle, William's daughter Elizabeth, and- no. It couldn't be. 

"Henry? Henry?! Are you alright?" Y/N asked worriedly.

"Yeah. Just...thinking." I responded. "Just out of curiosity, did you work at a different Freddy's location? And if you did, who did you work with?"

"I did work at another Freddy's. Back in the '90s. With...Michael. Michael Afton." Y/N said. She started crying on the other side of the call. Damn it!

"I'm so sorry." I said sympathetically. "I knew Michael too. He was more of a family friend, but he still was a good man."

There was more crying, then Y/N composed herself. "I wish t-that he didn't have to d-die."

I hung up, unsure of how to respond. Having worked with animatronics my whole life, I was rendered unable to interpret most human emotions. The last person I truly cared about was my daughter, and she was brutally murdered over 40 years ago. Just thinking about it made me feel...sad? I didn't even know anymore. 

I had a hunch that Michael was closer to us than we thought. I prayed for Michael's plan to finally succeed and went to bed. Tomorrow is another day.