Chapter 8: An Ordinary Night

Scraptrap's P.O.V

I crawled along the vents, searching for my old friend. I knew he was here, and I would get my revenge. I spotted another animatronic ahead, but it wasn't Molten Freddy. I got closer and saw who it was. It was Scrap Baby. My sweet daughter had returned. I crawled over to her, and she looked up and stared at me. 

"Elizabeth," I said. My voice echoed throughout the vents. "You're here."

Scrap Baby broke my gaze and looked down at the floor. She didn't respond, which worried me. Did she even remember who she was? I didn't think so. 

"Baby," I said worriedly. "Please."

Scrap Baby seemed to respond to that name. "What is it?" she asked curiously.

"It's time to rise," I responded coldly. "Time for pain, death, and revenge. Are you ready?"

"Yes," Baby said. 

Your P.O.V

You arrive at work an hour earlier than usual, so you chill and watch over the customers. The children were excited to see Happy Frog and were swarming around her stage. Happy Frog was performing extremely well and keeping the adults distracted from the cheap pizza and small dining area. Excellent. 

After about two hours, it's closing time. You close the restaurant and call Henry to check on him.

"Hey, what's up?" Henry answers.

"I was wondering if you would...um...like to work with me tonight?" you ask nervously.

Henry pauses, but he hasn't hung up because you can hear him breathing. "Uh...sure. I would love that, actually. See you in about an hour."

"See you then!" you say excitedly and hang up. Oh gosh, did you like Henry? You aren't sure, but you smile every time you think about him and...yep. You liked Henry. What would Michael think? You decide not to worry about it. You would decide when the time came to make the decision. Like with returning to this world rather than moving on. You made the decision just fine. Nothing to worry about.

You order a jar of pickles and another animatronic: Nedd Bear. Then you order a set of sanitary stations, which seem to be equivalent to decent restrooms. After you order the new supplies, you wait for Henry to start your nightly duties. You didn't feel safe doing the night shift alone. Not anymore.

Henry arrives 15 minutes later and the two of you start work. Henry unclogs the toilets and cleans the restrooms while you clean the dining room and clean the ovens. Henry makes mandatory repairs to Happy Frog, and that's the easy parts done. The two of you enter the office and print flyers. Henry keeps lookout while you print flyers and ads. Nothing seems to be attacking tonight, which relieves you and Henry.

You walk to the salvage room and notice that there isn't an animatronic to be salvaged tonight. What a relief. You and Henry get into your cars and leave. 

Tomorrow is another day.