Ohmlirious: Dog

As celebration for ranking #9 in the ohmlirious category, here is an ohmlirious one-shot!

I'm still working on other stories, but it's getting closer to my and Danita's graduation. However, after we graduate, we'll be able to write more!

So, look forward to that!

Let's get to the story!

Jon's P.O.V:

I love dogs.

There's just something about them that makes me gravitate towards them.

Maybe it's because they're so cute. With the way they tilt their heads at you, studying you. They're big eyes watch you cutely. I especially love the way they seem to smile when they open their mouths slightly. They're just so cute!

My favorite ones are ones with fluffy fur. It doesn't matter the breed. I just love fluffy fur.

Anyway, speaking of dogs, I have a neighbor that lives above me. He owns one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. I don't exactly know what breed it is, but it has short hair that is white and black.

They moved in a few weeks ago. I haven't really talked to him. Except for the occasional hello when we pass each other by the stairs. But, he seems like a nice guy.

I'm currently sitting on my couch watching tv. I sit quietly holding a cup of coffee as I watch the images on the screen. I laugh every once in a while taking a sip. Then I heard it. The running from upstairs. I can heard the patters of paws running around above me.

I sigh. Every time I hear it, it makes me want to get a dog of my own, but I can't. I just don't have time to take care of one when I have classes I go to and work.

I take another sip of my coffee as I heard the patter again along with a tiny thud. I'm guessing it was a toy or something. I laugh a bit thinking about it. Then finally, I smile and sat my cup on the coffee table in front of me.

I stand from my comfy seat and walk over to slip on my shoes. I step outside as a small afternoon breeze goes by causing me to sign. I make my way to and up the stairs. I walk to the door for the first time. I just stand there and staring at the door not nothing what to do. I mean, what's the guy going to think when I say 'Hey, yeah, sorry, I keep hearing your dog from downstairs and I just wanna see it'? That's just creepy!

But, whatever, no turning back now.

I raise an arm and knock softly on the hard surface in front of me. It takes a moment, but I could hear someone walk towards the door along with the small pattering.

The door swings open revealing the tall man. He has chocolate brown hair and such amazing hazel eyes. His skin was a sort of tan-ish color almost. He also has a nicely trimmed beard. In my opinion, he's actually a really handsome man.

"Hello?" He asks a bit confused looking me up and down.

I smile slightly and look down seeing the door only opened slightly. Probably to keep his dog inside.

"H-Hi, sorry, it's just," I stop and take in a deep breathe then sigh, " I live below you and I'm always hearing your dog running around and stuff and-"

"Oh! Oh I'm sorry! Buddy can be a little too energetic sometimes and he's been wanting to play more often...I'll try to keep him fro-" He tries to apologize, but I interrupt him.

"No, no it's fine," I smile as a small giggle passes my lips," I was just hoping that...maybe I could pet him?"

His facial expression changes as a from spreads across his face. Then he laughs nodding.

"Of course. My name's Ryan." He holds out a hand and I take it gladly.

"I'm Jon...nice to meet you.." I smile as he opens the door wider to allow me inside.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this short one-shot! I felt that I needed to write something. Especially since our book has now ranked #9 in the Ohmlirious category. I was so excited when I found out! Thank you guys so much! More one-shots will be out soon!

           ~Britt <3