I HAVE TO WEAR THIS?!

T ^T I FEEL SO AWESOME. --->Created the Ninja Reader. JS. HUJWKFSO YAY I'M CREATING TERMINOLOGY ONE WORD AT A TIMEEEEEEEE-ANYWAY.I got a really cool picture from KeimaxElsie4eva. It was my main motivation for this chapter. PSST. BY THE WAY. SHE'S THE REAL DEAL. THE REAL GABBY. WHOA. Star power. Right there. Check her out of you haven't already. BY THE WAY. I got a puppy. (which explains my lack of uploads, gomen) Also, sorry this chapter is short. Mai mom is yelling at me. LOOK FORWARD TO ONE TOMORROW~ Shoopdawoop.

HAI BITE-SIZED RECAP TIME~

"Now for your buddies." Dokuro turns around and hits some buttons on a panel. "Okay, Jayde, your buddy in mind is  Kazuya Keiichi. We're waiting for his response. He's an all around guy, but he's good with people. Use any method you'd like. And for you Makoto, Gabrielle Marth. She's an otaku, but she's been in our sights for a while. Seems like she'd be another hit, just like Keima Katsuragi. Alright. I'll give you your robes now."

The word "Otaku" sticks out for me.

"I'm thinking this K-" I cut her off.

"JAYDE THE DEMON, HOLD ON. MY BUDDY'S AN O-OTAKU?!"

__________________________________________THROWING PEOPLE OUT THE WINDOW~

"W-what's the problem?" Dokuro shoots me a look.

I rethink my outburst. "Nothing really."

"Huh?" Jayde tilts her head.

Dokuro shakes her head quickly, dismissing my freak. "A-alright. Makoto-"

"You should call her Mako."

"...Why?"

"Because. It's cuter sounding."

"...Alright. But anyway, Mako, you should consider buying some sort of weapon before we send you to go meet your buddy."

"A weapon?" I ask, stupidly.

"No, a club sandwich." Jayde says.

 "No need to be sarcastic," I snap.

 "Girls." Dokuro says, and I shut up.

"Jayde, I want you to bring Makoto to the armory. Both of you, pack your things. Get ready to leave for Earth in about an hour."

Jayde salutes and I awkwardly copy. She scoops up Nugget, who had been playing fetch with his own leg as I open the door. I let her lead the way.

***

After twenty minutes of aimlessly trying out weapons, I settle on this metal staff thing. The guards exchange a look when Jayde and I leave, but I don't know what it means. She'd gotten twin guns which I thought were pretty cool. I pack my clothes in a blue-green hitchhiker sack with white skulls on it. I pull the loose soul detector out of the drawer and pin it into my hair. Out of boredom, I spin my staff around and open the door. When I meet Jayde in the hallway, she has an identical pack, except it's a deep green. She's also wearing her pin.

"You ready Mako?" I nod and lead the way to Dokuro's office.  Her pack moves, and I figure she'd stuffed Nugget in it.

When we get there, Dokuro gives us celestial robes, explains how to use them, how to capture loose sould and how they sent the requests to our buddies. We actually get to watch them. Jayde goes first. Keiichi had gotten an email, with the request. He mouses over "No". but then quickly presses "Yes". Jayde smiles at me and nods. Nodding as well, Dokuro mutters things and Jayde vanishes.

I step up closer, waiting for my turn, but Dokuro grabs my wrist and pulls me down to eye level. "Now. Makoto. You contain a Level 5 loose soul. I don't know how you'll do, but I'm hoping you'll be fine. I am going to warn you about Vintage. They tried to kill you. Twice. They succeeded."