Irrational

Hoping that last chapter spiced it up a bit~ :D

 BACK ON TRACK SORTA. Sandy made us lose power and cable and internet for like ever. Buuuttttt For halloween I was like a GGO Kirito. (genderbent~) I still have all my props though. I even made a Sandwich-san. The sword looks so amazzzinnggg. Gotta love mah daddeh. Anywayss~ Here's the next chapter. (SUM STUFF GON GO DOWN...) This chapter's gonna be short considering I'm sleepy  and stuff. 

HAI RECAP TIME~ 

The sudden realization crushes me. I feel... 

"But of course, the part of you that died gained something too. Thanks to your goodie-two-shoes tendencies, I turned out to be willful, malicious and merciless. In other words, I'm a huge sadist." She laughs at her own remark. "Heh, in a world full of sadists, I'll bet you'd never expect yourself to become one, right?"

I feel...

"Shocking is it? Didn't expect this to be the part you lost?" 

 Grief?

 __________________________________________RUBY RUBY RUBY RUBYYYY 

I don't think it was grief. Or at least, grief isn't the right word to describe how I felt.

But all I remember is slugging Old Me in the face. 

She stumbles back, surprised, and bumps into my grave site. She doesn't go through it, like some ghost in a movie. She sort of falls forward after smacking it and onto her knees. 

"You little..." she spits. I don't say anything. I just peer down at her with my head raised. She's looking down, as if regaining her dignity or something. But when she does in fact look up, I regret hitting her.

I've punched a chunk of her face off

There I go, wrecking the lives of the undead. 

The ghostly flesh is wiggling about off of her head, all ripped and shaggy. It's starting to turn black, different than her normal smoky appearance. 

"Get out..." she whispers, gently.

Very softly. I don't lift a boot. 

"Get out! Get out!!! GET OUT OF HERE!!" She whips her head up, thrashing about, the torn, jagged, charcoal flesh trailing around the huge dent in her face. The bottom part of her right eye socket is showing grossly, along with the entirety of her cheek and the right half of her nose. 

And from that, I start running. I don't understand any of this. I hop a small grave stone, almost tripping over it. Again, I can hear the ghosts screaming, and laughing. 

They don't scare me as badly as before though. Old Me'd made me angry. They only irritate me now.  Actually, I don't understand this fire burning inside of me. I weave around a few trees, bolting for the exit gate. 

***

I catch my breath under an awning of some sort. It's raining now. I take a breath.

What the heck. 

What's with this? What's with tth supernatural and ghosts and demons and... and...

My hands are on my knees and I'm doubled over, still trying to catch my breath. A faint pain pulses in my heart as it beats. As irrational as it seems, it makes sense. I don't get the logic in it, but it's not for me to understand. Like flying, I can watch the birds do it, but I can't on my own power, so all I can do is understand what I can. What makes them fly: how their anatomy helps them, how specific traits are passed down for survival so they stay in the sky. 

I remember I  can  fly and face palm. Now I'm the one that doesn't make sense. I peer down at my legs which are trembling. She had scared me, with her words and her ablilities. And there I went, punching her in the face. I'm violent.

And self-critical. 

Talking to her was like talking to myself. And now I'm all critical and not makng much sense. I watch  water drip off of the edges of my bangs, haning my head. I feel lost. Doing that was stupid and I'm stupid. Not as stupid as Hikari or Keima, but still stupid. 

Something hits my foot with a thump and I look down. And there when I least expected it is a vertebrae beloning to none other than Nugget. I pick it ip quickly, peering from my sneakers around in the darkness.

____________________________________________________

Ahh sorry that was more like a filler. I got braces yesterday and they hurt so bad I just gotta stop writing. asdfghjkl I'll try to post again tomorrow~ thank you everyone~