No, I'm from Germa-Russia. Ucran-Brazil. America.

*written on 9/11* I JUST WATCHED ALL OF THE AVAILABLE EPISODES OF SWORD ART ONLINE AND I'M DYING. I'M CRYING AND LAUGHING AND JUMPING AND TREMBLING AND SMILING AND MY EYE IS TWITCHING. AHH. I SHOULD BREAK DOWN AND READ THE ENTIRE MANGA IN ONE NIGHT. I MEAN, WHO NEEDS SLEEP. AHAHAAHHAAHAHAAH OKAY I'M GONNA WRITE FOR Y'ALL NOW. SORRY IF IT COMES OUT WEIRD BECAUSE I'M REALLY DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TODAY AND BECAUSE OF 9/11. *takes a breath* I'm the type of person who tries to make other people happy when I'm sad. So. Yeah.

*written today* I AM BETTER NOW. BUT YEAH. I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY. I basically scraped this together because I revisited something and it inspired me. ^ ^

Hai Recap Time~

"Kami-nii-sama~?!" Elsie shouts up the stairs.

I hear a muffled Keima from upstairs. "What? I'm playing with Yokky-"

"Someone's here to see you!"

There's a pause before Keima says, "Fine. They better be important."

In a couple seconds, I hear footsteps and watch Keima walk down the stairs.

"Elsie, thi-" His eyes train on me and I wave awkwardly. "...Makoto-chan?"

"No, I'm Sukekiyo."

 _________________________________________________________DUAL-WIELDING YEAH~!

I watch his cheeks flush slightly as he walks closer to me. I think he steps on Gabby's foot in his focus because she squeals and doubles over when he passes her. Suddenly, Keima stops directly in front of me, and claps his hand onto my face. I stand there awkwardly as he smushes my face with both of his hands.

"The heck, dude?" I hear Gabby saying.

Keima takes his hands off and stands back. "Well, you're not 2D... H-how is this possible?"

"She sacrificed her human soul to become a demon~!" Elsie says.

I did what now? Dokuro never mentioned that, but okay.

Keima's eyes widen and Gabby has an expression to match, but I just nod, going along with Elsie. "W-what she said."

I watch him take a shaky breath before sitting down on one of the cafe stools. His voice is cracks when he speaks. "I thought you died." He huffs out before running a hand through his hair. "My god."

The atmosphere makes me cringe. Keima is usually very rational. Could this possibly be a glimpse at his emotional side?

Before I can blink, Keima's already got his arms wrapped around me, squeezing real tight. "I'm glad... I'm glad you're alright, Makoto. It's my... It's my fault. I got too caught up in the conquest and I... I'm sorry."

When he uses my first name without an honorific so casually, my face turns scarlet. Not that he hasn't done it before, but it's different when he's hugging me. I'm so short compared to him, so I'm glad Elsie and Gabby can't see my face. He let's go abruptly, apologizing with his eyes.

"It would be a shame if you really did die; If Dokuro decided not to turn you into a demon, you wouldn't get to see us again. Dokuro would get in some trouble... And maybe... Maybe something bad would've happened to Keima and I."

It takes me a moment to absorb her words.

"It wasn't your fault I die-" My words catch in my throat and randomly, I freeze up. Almost instantly, tears spring to my eyes and my knees turn to rubber, I actually sort of bump into a stool and knock it over.

I've never really accepted it I guess; I've never said aloud that I've died.

 I try to swallow the lump in my throat, but it's no use. I've already showed signs of weakness. Not caring that my hands are shaking and the three of them are looking at me like I'm spontaneously growing arms out of the sides of my head, I wipe my eyes with my sleeve, sniffling.

"S-sorry.. It's just," I manage to get out before pausing to control my voice. I look Katsuragi dead in the eyes. "It's not your fault Keima-kun."

I look at the other two. Elsie looks shaken, and Gabby--although seemingly upset aswell-- has a small smirk on her face. I can't possibly fathom why, but I dismiss it. She's probably having a thought that's related to some anime. I take a deep breath and look down at my slippers.

"It was Vintage," I hoarsely say aloud.

***

There was quite a commotion after I said those words. Elsie had frozen up in shock, and Keima looked quite suprised as well. I even  saw a tinge of anger in his expression. In fact, when he stood up, his stool too fell over. Gabby looked as confused as ever, and I couldn't blame her. I hadn't known about Vintage for too long myself, but now I can't help but fear them. They aimed to take my life and they succeeded. I'm pretty sure I won't get a third chance if anything happens. Maybe I'll be sent somewhere-- stuck between Heaven and Hell, with this restless soul inside of me.

"T-that's... It's doesn't seem rational. Or at least, not in a game plot." Keima utters. "Unless..." His eyes widen, and be becomes quiet, as if to be dismissing the thought. I shrug nonchalantly, ignoring his outburst.

"I-it's late... I can't go back to Majima High and it's risky for me to go out during the day I'll be back tomorrow night to explain further." I walk over to the door with Gabby in tow, and slip on my shoes. I flash a small smile. Sneakers from Hell. "Don't worry about me," I say, over my shoulder. I stand up and feel the warmth of Elsie's hand as she grabs mine. She squeezes gently, saying nothing, but I somehow understand what she's trying to say to me. She lets go, standing silently still, her petite frame making her resemble a child. Gabby opens the door in a rush, reminding me of how late it really is...

***

Both of us having totally forgotten my secrecy, we walk in carelessly through the front door. The hallway is dark when we take off our shoes. I stretch my back as Gabby yawns, making me tired.

"You wanna sleep in the closet or on the floor?" She asks, calmly before playfully punching my shoulder.

"I'll take the floor. I'll wrap my celestial rope around myself so I'm invisible." I take the blue thing off of my shoulders and hold it in my hand. Gabby nods before placing our shoes in a cubby-like thing. She hides my shoes in a pair of men's sneakers. I check the lock on the door quickly, making sure it's locked. All is right. All is good. My first night won't be so bad.

But the light in the hallway begs to differ. When it flicks on, Gabby and I both wince, lifting our hands simultaneously to aid our eyesight. Someone gasps, the sound belonging to a seemingly middle-aged woman, and stammers in our direction.

"G-gab-Gabrielle, who is this girl, and what is she doing in this house?" The woman, points a shaky finger my way which makes me instantly uncomfortable.

"Uh...Hey, mom." She takes a step back, as if to protect me from the agonizing point and paralyzing glare. "Her name's Makoto. Hipbone."

I nudge her, whispering, "Lanhirpon."

"LANHIRPON! S-she's a homeless transfer student whose family abandoned her on the street." Mrs. Marth shifts onto her other leg, as if considering. 

"And where are you from, Ms. Lernherpern?" She butchers my last name, but I shrug it off.

"I'm from Jap-" Gabby cuts me off.

"Germa-"

"Russia."

Mrs. Marth raises an eyebrow.

Gabby tries to save the day, but I ruin it.

"Ucran-"

"Brazil!"

Then in unison, we say, "America."

As if she's had enough, she looks Gabby, then at me, then back to Gabby. "We'll discuss this in the morning. Good night." She walks up the stairs, leaving Gabby and I standing at the door bewildered.

***

She'd lent me a futon to sleep on, and after snuggling up with one of her plushies, Gabby retired to bed. I grab a hold onto Meatbun, staring out the window into the night sky.

And to think, I was almost ended up there with those stars.

But I think I enjoy looking up at them better.