THE ENTIRE WORLD IS FULL OF SADISTS!

HAI RECAP TIME!

"Hah! Here's your stop! Don't worry, I approve."

"A-approve what?" I look away, still blushing.

"For you to go on a date with Keima-kun~." Hikari says, still teasing.

"Eh... EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?!??!?!"

He walks away, laughing his head off with his hands in his pockets.

"HIKARI!!!!" I yell down the hallway.

He's gone though.

I sigh as I reach for the door.

A date...

A D-date with Katsuragi!?

I can't even imagine it.....

 ___________________________________________ DOOP

I avoid making eye contact with Kanon when Katsuragi comes in the room.

(A/n: Who knew Kanon could be so hard to type? I'm starting to get a little restless. Who's up for a new character name Kabob?)

But I realize, even without looking at her, her eyes follow his every move. Apparently, gym is next. I'm not really allowed to participate. Light exercise is allowed, but other than that, I can't do much. I change into my gym clothes; red shorts and white shirt, and put on a jersey. We go out to the track and I sit on the sidelines. Katsuragi sits next to me on a bench, playing his PFP. I don't know what to say exactly, so I say nothing at all. It's quiet for a long time until Ayumi scares me.

"Hey, Kuroda-san. You ever run a race?"

"Um... Yeah."

"No one in the class has yet to beat me~ Wanna try your hand at beating Takahara?"

THE ENTIRE WORLD IS FULL OF SADISTS!

Katsuragi intervenes. "Ayumi, are you just trying to exploit your skill? Some pride you've got..."

Ayumi actually looks hurt. Like she just watched something turn into road kill. I can't let him be a jerk to her. Why did he even try defending me? Stupid.

"I'll race you," I say defiantly with false confidence sparkling in my eyes. Ayumi looks away, still looking pained, turning her attention from Katsuragi to me, and shakes off the edge in her voice.

"S-sweet," she stutters as she ties up her hair. I fish a hair tie out of my pocket and put mine up as well as I follow her to the track. Couldn't hurt. It's not like my bangs are going anywhere. Not while my eye looks like this. She stretches and l watch. "What, you're not going to stretch?"

"Huh? You're supposed to?"

She laughs at me, making a face that says she's confident she'll win. "Well, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Some random girl comes between us and pulls a gun out of her pocket. Out of impulse, I scream and dive behind some students who're stretching. A few people laugh, but I remain cowering behind them. "Ha, it's not a real gun," someone says. I look up.

"I-I knew that." I go back to the start and Ayumi smirks.

S-SHE MUST THINK I'M DENSE!

The girl points the gun to the sky and I take a breath.

I'm home... Back in Hokkaido.... I'm back at the track.

I'm running the instant I hear the gunshot. Except, I feel something graze the side of my shoulder. It hurts. Actually, it hurts a lot. I don't have time to investigate however. Ayumi breezes past me when I look back up and force air our of my lungs. My heart starts up, getting faster with every step I take. I manage to catch up to Ayumi, but she speeds up. It takes all I have to stay with her. The sound of our feet slapping the pavement is all I can hear. Soon, we reach the finish. We end up so fairly matched, no one can tell who'd won.