Our Not-So-Scary War Faces

HEYA~ You guys are awesome~ LETS DO THIS THANG~

HAI RECAP TIME~ 

Mrs. Marth raises an eyebrow.

Gabby tries to save the day, but I ruin it.

"Ucran-"

"Brazil!"

Then in unison, we say, "America."

As if she's had enough, she looks Gabby, then at me, then back to Gabby. "We'll discuss this in the morning. Good night." She walks up the stairs, leaving Gabby and I standing at the door bewildered.

***

She'd lent me a futon to sleep on, and after snuggling up with one of her plushies, Gabby retired to bed. I grab a hold onto Meatbun, staring out the window into the night sky.

And to think, I was almost ended up there with those stars.

 But I think I enjoy looking up at them better.

 ____________________________________________________________________

Gabby's mother paces in front of us in a way that reminds me of a military briefing. I feel her sister's eyes burning holes into my back and she stands in the corner with her arms crossed. Gabby and I are sitting at the table, staring at our laps, preparing ourselves for the scolding to come.

"So. Let's look at this again," Mrs. Marth starts, "You're a transfer student from God knows where and your exchange family abandoned you?"

Actually, I'm a demon from New Hell who was sent here by a skull-like being after getting hit by a truck and dying--whose here to work with your daughter to capture loose souls and restore New Hell. 

"Yeah... They were nice at first. They had a daughter and a son... I was with them for three days, before they told me I couldn't stay anymore. They just...d-dropped me off in the middle of no where. I ended up in Majima, somehow and-"

"AH~ YOU POOR THING~" All of a sudden, she grabs both of my wrists and pulls them close to her. "Y-you can stay here for as long as you'd like!" She squeezes my wrists really hard, almost breaking them before whispering, "But if you even think of robbing us, I'll kick your sorry ass to Hell and back."

I gulp before squealing quietly. 

"I assure you, Mrs. M-Marth... I'm not that kind of girl." I sweatdrop, trying to laugh it off. My hands are turning purple, and I guess she notices because she releases her grip. "Okay, so arrangements... We have a guest room that is currently the cat's room. Because. I just love him so much."

"Mom, he's a demon," Gabby says. 

"How can you say that? He's my little Freddy Teddy Bear."

What's so bad about demons? 

"He tried to kill me again this morning."

Mrs. Marth ignores Gabby. 

"I'll clean out that room, and it'll be yours. But for now, you'll just have to sleep on the floor in Gabby's room. Actually. Gabby, you sleep on the floor. Makoto gets the bed."

"H-HEH?" Gabby retorts.

"N-no, it's fine. The floors good for me. Actually, I think being high-up would freak me out. Really." She shoots me a look as if I just threw out all of her hard work before sighing. 

"A-alright. Since it's only 6:30, I'll drive you to school. Makoto, were-are you enrolled anywhere?" 

"Uh. Majima High," I half lie, half tell the truth.

"Oh...That's not too far from here." She glances at a clock on a counter.

"AH GABBY GET TO SCHOOL." 

"I'M GOING!"

"LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACES!!!" 

Gabby and I look at each other questionably, before shrugging and complying to Mrs. Marth's command.

"YOU CALL THOSE WAR FACES?!! Ah. You guys are too cute to have scary faces....HURRY!"

***

Mrs. Marth had to work, but I'm pretty sure she didn't trust me alone in the house because she told me to go out and have some fun exploring the area. I only take interest in finding places to get food. 

I walk down a street before smelling it. The most beautiful smell I've ever smelt. TAIYAKI. I haven't had it since before we moved and my legs move without thinking. I turn the corner, expecting to see the beautiful stand of seafood shaped dreams, but instead I run into two backs. I had the momentum, and believe it or not, both of the people manage to stand their ground and I go flying back. My head hits the pavement, so I reach up for my head, already yelling my apology and aimlessly trying to get up to reach my morsels. 

I look up at the people before me. A girl with long, flowy, black hair and ice-colored eyes. They almost look cold, that's how blue they are. And a guy, protectively shoving his arm in front of her, wearing glasses that compliment his dark brown--almost black-- hair. 

"Keiko-chan, are you alright?" He says and she nods. The guy sighs before reaching for my wrist and starting to pull me up. I'm halfway standing when he suddenly lets go, his eyes widening.

He yells something that rings in the air.

"Demon!"