Chapter 9: Hurry

Clarke POV

There's a knock on the door. "You're coming with me!" We hear a guard yell. I glance at everyone...after the whole convincing Bellamy...Echo looks pissed...I don't know what for...

"It's go time." I say. Murphy goes behind the door, ready to catch it and slam it right back at the guard, once the door is open. I stand in the center of the doorway.

The big metal door swings open and the guard starts to walk in the room. There's a large bang and the guard falls to the ground. Murphy is standing on top of him. He looks particularly angry...not at the guard...but something else...

Harper quickly pulls Murphy away from the guard, and Emori grabs the key from the mans belt.

We hear running. "They're coming." I say looking back at them. They're all backed against the wall, the keys are hidden from sight. I look at Bellamy who looks like he's about to pass out from stress. "Don't worry." I say to him. "I'll actually hurry this time..." He glances up, remembering the last words I said to him...before they left...

"Screw this." He says taking two steps forward about to push me out of the way to take the blame for me (and Murphy for that matter) Raven grabs him and laches onto his shirt, pulling him away. I give him a look of pleading as we hear the steps coming closer...he stands down.... "Hurry." He says.

I open my mouth to say something sentimental or what not..."you too..." is all I manage to choke our before the guards come.

"What the hell is this!" One of them yells. There are two of them. The second one seems to be more standoffish then the first one. The first one looks at me and then everyone else.

"She's crazy!" Harper yells. She's really selling it now.

"Is she now?" The first guard smirks. He takes his gun and looks at it, then he hits me across the face with the butt. I can practically hear Bellamy fighting his nerve to run up and punch the guy in the mouth. It took everyone back by surprise.

I look up and can feel the blood coming from my mouth. "You're coming with us." He says. I take one look back and see Bellamy basically being restrained by Raven and Murphy.

The first guard takes me by the arm and the second one drags the unconscious guard out of the room. I look back and see my friends...I give a nod signaling that it's go time.