Mothers day special!!!

Lotor sat on Allura's bed as be waited for her to finish getting ready for bed. As he waited he looked at himself through the mirror placed across from her bed.

His cheeks glowed softly, similar to when they went to find a lost city.

He remembered pictures if his mother, she was beautiful. He could remember her silver hair and red markings, that would glow when she was happy. At least, those were the stories he was told about her.

A dull pain would reside in Lotor's chest when he thought of his mother. She was such a smart and powerful Altean, he and her will never meet.

She died when he was born.

Sometimes Lotor thinks that his father blamed him for her death. That if Zarkon had just let Lotor die, Honerva would still be alive.

As he was lost in thought Allura had entered the room. She was ready for bed and plopped down on the bed next to him.

"Isn't the holiday the Paladins showed us, cute. A day dedicated to mother's, must be nice to live on earth" Allura spoke, her voice filled with happiness and wonder. "Lotor? Dear, are you alright?" She asked him when he realizes he didn't respond, causing him to wake up from his deep thoughts.

"What? Oh, yes! They were very enjoyable" he said quickly, wincing at how broken he sounded. "You're thinking of her, aren't you?" Allura asked quietly, pulling him into a hug.

"I can't stop, Allura. When I think of her, it hurts. I never even met this woman that everyone claims is amazing. I didn't meet my own mother. Was I do destined to be hated that my own mother looked at me and died? She must have been disgusted to see a hybrid like me." Lotor sobbed quietly into Allura. She had made herself bigger to accommodate to their size difference.

"I know nothing about her, Allura. Why is it me that gets the short straws in life?" He cried more as she soothed him.

Allura knows that basic emotion was not allowed in the Empire, so the prince would often lock away feelings. Making emotions often overbearing and scary to him. The most she could do is support him. So until he us ready to talk, Allura will wait to listen.