Life

"Have a nice day," Lia said blandly to the teenage boy standing before her.

He must be at least four to five years younger than her. She looks young and was shorter than the boy, but his immature behavior to the girls in swimsuits on the front of the magazine gave away his age. He also had this 'nothing can take me down' look. His face held a permanent scowl and he gave Lia the cutest death glare. He was larger than Lia but she knew he wasn't hardened by life to be dangerous. When you leave high school reality kicks you in the butt and you never think that way again. Sadly, reality had her name on it's list way to many times.

He grabbed the KitKat bar then paid and left without a word with the same scowl on his face. He adjusted his leather coat that was snug on his shoulders as he went through the door. So cute how he tried to act all like a bad boy.

Back to the silence that she was always left to she began to read the newspaper that was stacked on the stand next to the counter. She has read them a hundred times already but it won't make any difference reading them just one more time. Besides, she like to read.

ANOTHER MISSING PERSON!

Very original title. Very catchy.

INVESTIGATORS ARE STILL ON THE CASE THAT STARTED LAST YEAR. WHEN THE WAREHOUSE NEAR THE COLLEGE WAS USED FOR TRAFFICKING AND DRUG TRADE. AFTER ONE YEAR THE POLICE STILL CAN'T FIND THE MISSING GIRL TAKEN BY WHAT THE INVESTIGATORS CALLED A 'WENDIGO'. IT ESCAPED BY JUMPING THROUGH A WINDOW OUT THE BACK. THERE WERE DNA OF FOUR GIRLS BUT ONLY THREE WERE FOUND. DEMON BODIES WERE FOUND THERE AS WELL. THE POLICE PREDICT THAT WE WILL ENCOUNTER THE SAME WENDIGO AGIAN IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THEY SAY HE TAKES THE FORM OF A YOUNG MAN WITH-

The bell rung through her thoughts, bringing her back to her place behind the counter of the convenience store. She set the newspaper back into its stack nicely and was sure to leave no wrinkles. She glanced to see her friend James. Her demeanor dampened when she saw the girl hanging off his shoulders. Belle was her name, Lia had nothing against her. Till Belle pushed her in the river when she was drinking, after that Lia avoided her like a plague. Staying away from her was no problem, they never come around to visit or hang these days.

Not after her failed attempt of suicide, the embarrassment and curse in her life and memories. Shaking her head she busied herself with organizing the stacked cigarettes behind her. They walked to the back and grabbed one of the large bottles of Fireball. They laughed and giggled as they grabbed each others waist to pull close. Lia felt a string pull in her heart as she turned her face back to the wall of cigarettes.

When she heard them approach was when she turned back around. Just to ring their items. Only when they walked up to her to buy the fireball was when James finally noticed her presents.

"Hey Lia. How ya been," he said in a cheery voice.

His voice sounded so much deeper from what she remembered. She didn't like it. It clashed with her memories of when they were both just kids. It reminds her how much they both actually changed over the years. Lia still hasn't grown out of her child's voice. Its still soft and never can get a point across to anyone she talks too.

She scanned the bar code on the bottle with pristine skill, "Its been ok," she spoke sheepishly. "How about you two?" She said stoically yet softly, her voice traveled in the air like thin smoke.

James furrowed his brows, he eyed her with concern. Glancing her up and down swiftly he noticed her hands. Her very lithe hands, her knuckles slightly poked at her pale skin. He seemed to wanted to say something but Belle intercepted with a few of her own words after the small and short moment of silence.