chapter 12 : Love over pain

I tossed in turned before waking up fully ,  It was hard to even open my eyes . I tried so hard to open them but the pain was excruciating , Finally I found the strength to open them and saw Kayla standing next to me with King in her hands .

" why am I in the hospital " I said panicking .

" you passed out and fell down the stairs " Kayla said and I definetly didn't remember falling down the stairs . I remember Ash pistol whipping me and already knew that was the lie he told them .

" everything hurts " I said felling on my face and it was so many bandages . 

" yeah I find it weird how your face is all fucked up & you just fell down the stairs " she said shaking her head .

" come here baby " I said reaching my arms out to king & he walked over to me .

" Are you ok mommy " he said touching my face and looking concerned . 

" Yes mommies ok , What about you big boy " I said tickling him on his tummy .

Me and king were playing around when Ash walked into the room looking the same as also with his I don't give a fuck face . I was hoping for a apology or at least for him to out on a show infront if Kayla like he did earlier . This man sent me to the hospital on mothers day .

" I'm glad you up , Sign yourself out and let's go " he said yanking the IV out my arm . This was the first time i seen Kayla no say anything and just looked . Usually she'd be my spokes person but she gave off this weird vibe when he came in . Maybe she was tired of telling me to leave him and I should've been home which she was right but she knows my situation and I'm tired of explaining it to her .

I got up and took if the hospital shirt , The nurse walked in with medicine and water in her hands . She looked confused on why I was getting up . 

" where are you going ma'am " she said walking towards me .

" I'm doing good , I have something important to do so it's just best that I leave now " I said trying to stand up but my ribs and hip felt so sore .

" ma'am you have a broken hip and 2 fractured ribs . At least like me get you some crutches " she said and I knew she wasn't supposed to just let me go like this if I had anything broken in my body . I'm over 18 so they have no say in what I do and if I wanted to leave but I'll take the crutches just because the pain I felt was unbearable .

I signed out and we headed to drop Kayla off , She didn't drive to the hospital so how tf did she get there . Something ain't right about her and Ash . Her necklace on the floor at my house , Size small panties under my bed . Maybe I'm over thinking it but some shit is going on and I'm going to find out sooner or later . What happeneds in dark always comes to light . Kayla hates Ash with a passion so for me to think she's secretly fucking with Ash might be betraying our friendship .

We reached Kayla's home , the fact that I'm sitting in the back with my son and I just came out the hospital is very disrespectful for the both of them all I wanted to do was rest & I couldn't shut not one eye . He damn near killed me but I knew it was bond to happen .  Ash is the definition of a insecure ass nigga , He calls me too skinny or too ugly & I have to wear make up to look cute but gets mad when others compliments me .

" bye ash .. Bye Jenn I love you feel better " she said walking away from the car , I watch Ash eyes as he trailed the path she was walking .  Kayla always had on a dress or something tight , Like why are you so dressed up to come see me at the hospital .

I was still in my dress from yesterday & there was blood stains all over the dress . King squeezed onto my waste tight and dropped his head on my ribs that were broken . " fuck .. baby move your head please " I said positioning myself slowly so he could lay his head on my lap . This was the worst pain anyone can go through & to leave before surgery was really devastating .