Six

"Dan, stay awake. You've gotta stay awake" Phil mumbled
"It hurts Phil- I just want to sleep. Please let me sleep" Dan cried quietly
"No Dan- You can't. It could be very bad. We don't want it to be bad, do we?"
"I just want it to stop, Phil. It hurts so badly" Dan tried to sit up but winced in pain.
"Dan- honey, you can't sit up, not yet. It isn't safe. Try opening your eyes, first." Phil sounded upset, almost like he didn't want Dan to hurt himself more. "The ambulance should be here soon"
"I just want to sleep, just for a few minutes" Dan opened his eyes, and looked at Phil "Please, Phil it hurts so much"
"I know, but you have to stay awake" Phil looked around, worried.
"Hey- Phil?" Dan whispered
"Mmmhm?"
"When you called me honey it calmed me down a bit"
"Honey, you have to stay awake. The rescue will be here soon to patch you up. You need to be awake so they can help you." Phil smiled weakly.
Dan read his eyes

Worry, Fear, Stress, and Love

Dan wondered what Phil's girlfriend had to do with this current scenario.

<><>

Dan was loaded onto a stretcher.
"Phil" he mumbled, reaching his arm out as much as he could before it hurt too much. "Phil"
"I'm coming, Dan" He reassured him.  "If I'm allowed to-" Phil looked at a paramedic, concerned
"You can" She smiled softly "He clearly wants you to come"

<><>

"Phil" Dan looked at Phil, as he was loaded into the ambulance. Everything hurt, a lot, but Phil somehow made it hurt a little less.
"Dan" Phil replied, as he climbed in "Don't worry honey I'm here"
"Good" Dan mumbled as he started to drift off to sleep.
"You have to stay awa-" The nurses' voice faded away
Dan fell asleep.

<><>

Dan opened his eyes, he felt groggy and God did everything hurt. Dan could feel every breath aching in his ribs. Even his heart pumping the blood that keeps him alive was too painful. Dan didn't want to die, he just didn't want to be alive, since being alive hurt.

"Oh! Dan, you're awake" His mother smiled, glancing at a nurse.
"Leave" Dan mumbled "Please" his voice cracked slightly
"Honey-" His mother pursed her lips together, tightly "I'm your mother" She smiled, again. The smiles were even faker than any of Dans.
"Really? I wouldn't know" Dan spat back.
"Dan- Would you like her to leave?" The nurse turned around, looking at Dan then to his mother.
"Please" He scowled. "Where's Phil?"
"He's in the waiting room- you're supposed to only have family visitors..." The nurse trailed off
"You let my mother in" Dan replied. "Phil is much better than my family"
"Oh- Okay" She nodded. The nurse seemed, out of it, almost. Like she was drunk, or just hella paranoid.

<><>

"Hey" Phil smiled weakly.
"Hi" Dan nodded towards the chair by his bed. "How shit do I look"
"You don't look like you just crashed into a tree, however, your hair is curly and you don't like that- but I do so I wouldn't count it as looking shit" Phil smiled "How're you feeling, honey?"
Dan blushed instinctively "Sore"
Phil furrowed his brow and concentrated on nothing for a minute. The life in his eyes seemed to have drained.
Dan read Phil's eyes

Fear, Worry, Love, and Greif

"Are you okay?" Dan whispered, breaking the silence
"No- Yeah" Phil nodded. His eyes filled with life again.
"You're lying" Dan raised his eyebrow
Phil smiled at Dan.
"How can you tell?" Phil replied. Dan blushed.
"I- I just can Phil why does it matter" Dan sighed. He always got defensive about his 'power', he also got defensive about his sexuality. He didn't feel comfortable with either of them.
"Dan" Phil looked worried "You know you can trust me, right?"
"I know, I trust you- I'm- I just- I'm tired" Dan sighed. He wasn't even slightly tired, he just hated fighting Phil and he knew Phil would try push for information.
"Okay, Dan" Phil bit his lip slightly "Goodbye, I- I'll visit later?"
"That'd be nice, Phil" Dan smiled a little
"Bye honey" Phil kissed Dan's forehead "Get well soon"
"See you later" Dan blushed.

Dan read Phils eyes

Love, worry and happy

Dan had no idea how he kept reminding Phil of his girlfriend. But he did. Somehow.