Eight

Dan still went home, even after that interaction. He didn't know how to act around Phil- everything was different now. Now he and Phil were on an even playing ground. They both knew how the other felt. But that only made it worse, since Phil was dating another girl.

It had begun raining, Dan wasn't exactly sure when. He looked around the streets as he walked, business people were rushing into cafes. It was almost 7 PM. 

Dan checked his phone
'Where the fuck are you' It was from his mother
'Why do you care'
'Get home, right now'
'no thx' 
Dan quickly opened Phil's contact and pressed call

"Hey" Phil mumbled as he answered the phone
"Hey- I know this is super annoying but, could I stay at your house?"
"Yeah! You were supposed to anyways"
"Thanks! See you in like half an hour"
"See you- lovely" Phil ended the call.

Lovely

Dan was grinning as he turned around and began walking to Phil's house. Lovely. Everything seemed brighter, even the rain seemed less cold. Lovely. Dan couldn't stop thinking about that name. It was so much more endearing than 'honey' and it felt so personal. Dan felt special.

<><>

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while" Phil laughed, opening the door to his house
Dan laughed, properly, happily. Phil's eyes were wide open.
"Are you alright?" Dan smiled, his dimple had finally shown. 
"You laughed-" Phil hugged Dan "You- You proper laughed!"
"I did" Dan nuzzled into Phil, slightly "Because of you"
Phil kissed Dan, softly.
"We should probably go inside" Phil blushed, still smiling.
"Yeah" Dan ran his hand through his wet curls.
"Do you have any dry clothes?" Phil closed the door.
"No-"
"You can borrow some of mine, I have some shi- stuff that's too big for me anyways" Phil walked upstairs, Dan followed.

<><>

Dan pulled the hoodie which was too big for even him over his head.
"You look so cozy" Phil smiled, sitting cross-legged on his bed.
"I am" Dan smiled.

<><>

1 am

Dan woke up to the sound of Phil's phone ringing, he nudged Phil to wake him up.
Phil answered. The room was so quiet that he didn't need to put it on speaker for Dan to hear all of the conversation. 
It was Monica.

"Hey-" Phil mumbled, sleepily.
"Phil- I'm- I-" She inhaled sharply, the microphone crackled. "I'm pregnant."
Dan forced his eyes shut. All he could think was Phil got her pregnant. Phil got her pregnant.
"I-" Phil didn't know how to react
"I want to keep it-" Monica giggled "Our baby"
Dan moved slightly away from Phil, he noticed.
"Yeah- I- Sure-" Phil ran his hand through his hair "God- Weren't you on birth contro-"
"I'll start thinking of names!" She ended the call. The room went deathly silent.

"Dan, I know you're awake" Phil mumbled.
"I understand" Dan whispered "You should go with her"
"I- I would so much rather be with you- But-"
"Phil I understand" Dan snuggled close to him again "But- But just for tonight, I just want to be happy with you"
Phil held Dan. Dan felt safe, inside he was sinking, drowning almost- but Phil was like a life-jacket. Except the life-jacket was breaking, and soon they'd both sink never to be found again.