Nine.

'All chief members, please gather in the meetings hall immediately

'All chief members, please gather in the meetings hall immediately.' said the robotic voice of my tablet as it read out the message aloud while I was putting on my vest.
I made my way to my front door and into the hallway when I bumped into someones hard chest. Eric.
I was hoping that I could avoid him after what had happened a few days ago though it should've been clear that it was impossible considering we were neighbors and both chief members.

"Uhh, hi... sorry." I mumbled while flattening out my vest, not making eye contact with the man in front of me.
"Yeah, hi. We should get going." Eric replied sternly and turned to walk in the direction we were supposed to go. Hesitantly following him, there was no way around the fact that the situation remained awkward and uncomfortable even with other people around us at this moment.

I should talk to him now while I still can. He deserves an apology and maybe even a goodbye considering that he won't see me ever again.
Too occupied with my own thoughts, it was only when I arrived at the hall that I noticed Eric was not by my side anymore which meant the talk would have to be postponed. Crap!

"Please, sit down everyone. We have a lot of things to discuss." announced Max once everyone arrived.
As soon as everyone got settled, he started but it was hard for me to concentrate as I desperately looked for Eric in hopes of being able to catch him once this meeting would be over. But he wasn't anywhere to be seen not even at Max' side. Dammit!

The sound of my tablet alerting me of an incoming file brought back my attention and as I was unlocking it, I noticed that everyone else around me did the same.

"The files you just received contain everything you need to know. Unit, Station as well as tomorrows schedule. I expect you to memorize all the information as well as follow the instructions in the file and if you happen to have any further questions, please come to my office as soon as possible. Now let's get back to the plan..."

As Max explained the overall plan, where and how we were stationed and so many other things, I continued to study the file I've been sent to.
Apart from general information like name, age, blood type and occupation, there was also a list of codenames that I had to remember and the mentioned instructions that said I had to sow my blood type and my identification number onto several pieces of clothing I would wear tomorrow and label my equipment as well in case someone would need to identify my body which I was sure will happen considering that someone's targeting me and making sure I will die.

Observing the map, I couldn't help but wonder where Eric would be stationed. Because he is Max' assistant and one of the leaders it was very likely that he would be stationed in the middle of Abnegation where the main eradication would happen which meant he would be very far away from my unit that was stationed at the border between Dauntless and the Factionless.
So there goes the chance of at least seeing him on the battlefield or helping him in case something happens even though I'm the one who needs all the help right now. Maybe it wasn't even that bad of an idea because then he wouldn't have to see me get killed. How ensuring.