Eleven.

Warning: language, violence and death (because it's a war obviously)

This was it. The storm was coming. And not even the storm but I was convinced that the killer was as well.
Would the killer be among the runaways?
Maybe Tris finally brought chaos and is the killer after all, making her way towards me to bring an end to it.

As I heard people approaching, I hid behind the corner of a building and kept looking over my shoulder for the first strays to arrive.
It didn't even take more than five seconds for a young woman to appear and come closer than 20 feet though she never got the chance to take one step further as I fired a bullet straight to her head.
Looking for other strays I saw how other members of the unit eliminated more and more people, most of them belonging to the Factionless.
I ran towards an alley located closely to get a better view and immediately started eliminating more and more people and just when I crouched to refill my magazine, a message came though the earpiece.

"They're scattering! Stau sharp on 360!"

Fuck! This is what I was most worried of. We planned everything through, to the minute even, yet still there was something we missed or didn't pay much attention to and now the mistake was to underestimate how strong our opponents really were.
They couldn't have possibly broken through the wall of soldiers if they didn't possess any weapons or any insight knowledge about how we were working so they could take us out with our own techniques.
Pushing the thought away I stood up again when the next stray came around the corner.
A shot to the shoulder and he was laying on the ground. I approached and kneeled beside him taking out the scanner and holding the device to his head so it could scan.

'95% divergent'

I put the device back and didn't even think before I gave him the final shot to his head completely ignoring his pleas and whimpers.
A group of five came next before I could even stand up.
The first two in the front got bullets straight to their chest while the others got a couple of shots to the shoulders and legs.
The last one was faster than the others though and came too close before I could aim at him which left me no choice but to fight him.
He jumped at me to take me to the ground but I took a quick step to the right making him miss his target. He took hold of my leg and pulled it so I would lose my balance which he successfully managed to do but he couldn't prepare for how I was going to fall.
I turned my body mid fall and stuck my arms out so I would grab his head once I'd land. My right knee made impact with his sternum eliciting a disturbing crack and making him lose his grip on my ankle. At the same time, I took hold of both sides of his head and twisted it abruptly, breaking his neck successfully.
I picked up my gun that I let fall out of my hands and made my way to the corner again.
Some of my team mates were missing as they were nowhere near their designated spots while others formed a group to take out the strays more easily.
A couple of bullets flew by my head making impact with the wall which made me turn my head towards the direction they were coming from.
Another big group, it must've been 10 to 20 people - I couldn't exactly count in the heat of the moment - approached, almost all of them holding guns that they must've taken from fallen soldiers.
One by one took a lethal bullet and when it got too much, I took out a tiny container from my belt, pulled out the safety ring and threw it at them where it exploded when it made contact and emitted a brown cloud.
It wasn't a grenade type of canister as that would've been too dangerous for non targets like me but it was filled with a gas that would paralyze anyone in a 6 foot radius and slowly damage their lungs until they would die from a lack of oxygen.
First they slowed down their steps while breaking into a coughing fit and when they finally stood still, they sank to their knees, letting go of the weapons. Their wheezing was barely audible over the shots and blasts all around us that were becoming more frequent by the minute.
Thinking that I successfully took all of them out, I turned around to see what was going on behind me though I got distracted immediately when someone shouted at me.