Chapter 24: Life With A Newborn

A few days later Stella and I were able to go home from the hospital. Denise stayed with us, to help out around the house since I couldnt do much for the 6 weeks. Stella' s routine seemed so simple, all she did was eat, sleep, poop, pee and cry. She slept very well during the night, only waking up to eat and get changed. I slept when she slept, while Denise and Joe took care of her while I rested. The postpartum care that I had to go through was very rough, but the nurses gave me instructions on how to take care of myself. I was sleeping soundly next to Joe when the sound of Stella's cries woke me up. "Babe can you get her?" I asked Joe reaching over to turn on the  lamp. He came back a few seconds later handing Stella to me, climbing back in bed. "Shh it's okay mommys here." I whispered to her changing her diaper and feeding her. She went back to sleep as soon as I swaddled her so I quietly put her back into her bassinet and went to sleep myself. The  next couple times that she woke up, Joe got up with her so I could sleep. The next morning I woke up to Joe's side of the bed empty and so was Stellas bassinet. I went downstairs to find Joe and Denise eating breakfast, while Denise had Stella in her arms. "Good Morning." Joe said coming over to help me in the chair. "Look there's your mommy." Denise told Stella who was wide eyed. Joe got my breakfast and drink for me before sitting back down. Denise had made us bacon, fried eggs and toast for breakfast along with orange juice and hot tea. When I was finished, I fed Stella and let Joe have his turn with Stella while Denise helped around the house. I loved watching Joe and Stella together, it was the sweetest thing. Joe was sitting on the couch watching tv with Stella asleep on his chest all swaddled in her blanket. I wrapped up in a blanket and relaxed on the couch while Stella napped until het next feeding. 6 weeks later I got the okay from the doctor to resume my regular activities, Denise still came over to help out when I needed it and Joe was there until his band came up with new music. Stella looked more and more like Joe everyday, she has his black hair and his eyes as well as his smile. I loved being her mommy, she is the sweetest baby. Everyone in the family enjoyed her as well, Alena and Valentina took care of her like little mommies.